DAT Solutions, a subsidiary of Roper Technologies, INC. (NYSE: ROP) is looking for a Junior Web Developer for its highly successful in-house Marketing department, located in Beaverton, OR.
We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter with excellent communications skills and the ability to successfully collaborate with marketing, product and engineering team members. This role is primarily responsible for maintenance of marketing websites and the development environments. As DAT's content and product portfolio grows, the junior web developer will contribute to the expansion of web content and properties, and if necessary, changes to the development environment. Successful candidates have demonstrated the abilities to share ideas, collaborate, and work toward achieving agreed upon outcomes within specific deadlines.
Primary Responsibilities include the following.
- Helps design, develop and support marketing web properties and online presence within the scope of the company's brand guidelines
- Works with design and development to implement website features and functionality
- Sets up, support and manage production, test, content, and development environments
- Assists in website/content migrations, backup, and ongoing maintenance
- Leads marketing website quality assurance process. Troubleshoots to identify and correct website defects, and performs website QA
- Assists in the preparation and development of new and existing site architecture
- Helps translate business needs and requirements into technical specifications
- Assists in the ongoing evaluation of new/existing technologies, in order to improve results
Required Technical Skills and Qualifications:
- Commercial website development experience
- Solid Understanding of HTML5/CSS3, jQuery and Responsive Design
- Experience building websites in HTML/CSS/JS and other front-end technologies
- PHP 7.x development and integration with Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Some experience working with API integration
- Basic scripting and command line experience
- Code, deploy and QA websites in a cross-platform, cross-browser and cross-device environment
- Ability to configure and test computer hardware/software components
- Working knowledge of UX design and information architecture
- Some experience with e-commerce design and development
- Excellent troubleshooting and analysis skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and written communication skills; Ability to work in a team environment
- Detail oriented and has a passion for high quality results
- Very high productivity and effective time management
- Deep commitment to ongoing professional development and learning
Experience in the following a plus:
- Amazon AWS and Colocation workflows
- Progressive Web Apps (PWA)
- Email marketing, analytics, and reporting
- Familiarity with Red Hat, CentOS, and Ubuntu environments
- Processwire 3.x
- Sitecore 8.x
- Testing and automation
Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Computer Science from four-year college or university or equivalent experience. Typically requires a minimum of 2+ years of related experience.
DAT operates the largest truckload freight marketplace in North America. Transportation brokers, carriers, news organizations and industry analysts rely on DAT for market trends and data insights derived from 141 million forecasted freight matches in 2017, and a database of $33 billion of market transactions.
The Original Load Board - Trusted Since 1978
The company was established in 1978 as the Dial-A-Truck (DAT) load finder service at Jubitz® truck stop in Portland, OR.
DAT Solutions offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible savings accounts, 401K, Life and AD&D insurance, a comprehensive Paid Leave program, and a Tuition Reimbursement program. Participation is limited to regular full-time employees.
DAT Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. We especially invite women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. EEO/AA M/F/Vet/Disability.
Sponsorship and relocation assistance are not offered at this time for this position.
All referrals and résumés are managed exclusively through the Human Resources Department. DAT Solutions will not consider unsolicited résumés from vendors including search firms, fee-based referral services and/or recruitment agencies.
For additional information, see www.DAT.com/company
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.See job description