Ensure consistently reliable, stable flow of outgoing customer orders required to fully satisfy demand and on-time shipments from ALA site, enabling production cells to satisfactorily meet customer requirements and maintain finished good inventory at established target levels
- Receive, analyze and verify customer demand accurately as required by customers
- Maintain and use information in Material Requirements Planning (MRP) systems to quantify outgoing finished product needs, set completion due dates, schedule and communicate level production load in assembly cells, follow through and ensure assembly of required orders in Shipping / Truckload Preparation Area in a way that enables customers to run without interruption due to parts shortages or delays from Alamance, and to maintain adequate, established finished goods inventories in Alamance.
- Track production output, finished goods inventory and customer shipments as needed, counter-measuring and escalating any risk of failure to full, on-time shipment of ordered product
- Communicate and interface with customers to ensure demand information is accurate and verified and correctly entered and maintained in enterprise MRP and Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) systems
- Receive communications from customers and respond as needed
- Track, monitor, record and report KPIs: Master Schedule Respect Ratio, Delivery Service Attainment, Finished Good Inventory, and Premium Freight and others as needed
- Minimize, communicate, countermeasure, and escalate production output variation and failure to reliably and fully meet due date commitments
- Implement, follow and improve material flow management processes, including the verification and reconciliation of discrepant or inaccurate product inventory
- Write procedures and document standards according to TS16949 and all other applicable requirements
- Lead and assist to develop process improvements and implement lean principles as they relate to material and product flow, including visual systems, kanban, heijunka, demand flow / pull systems and others.
- Communicate effectively and with an appropriate sense of urgency across all departments in the plant and with customers as needed regarding material and product flow issues
- Physically verify product stock in building and yard as needed
Qualifications / Experience / Skills
- 2-year college degree
- Advanced problem solving skills
- Above Average communication skills – verbal and oral
- Above Average computer skills – (MSOffice/Excel, Word)
- Computer skills – (MFG/PRO or other MRP / ERP systems preferred)
- Prefer individual with production and inventory control and customer interface background
- Continuous Improvement / Lean Enterprise training and process development are desirable.
GKN is a global engineering business. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for most of the world’s leading aircraft, vehicle and machinery manufacturers. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to better in everything we do. GKN operates three divisions: GKN Aerospace, GKN Driveline and GKN Powder Metallurgy employing 56,000 people in more than 30 countries.
GKN Driveline is the market leader in the development and delivery of contemporary and electrified driveline systems and solutions. With a comprehensive global footprint, we design, develop, manufacture and integrate an extensive range of driveline technologies for over 90% of the world’s automotive manufacturers.
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.