Hentzen is a unique company in today’s world. Since our inception in 1923, we have remained an independent, privately held company committed to being a leader in the development and manufacture of quality coatings through innovation, dedication and service to our customers and employees. This continual commitment has led to Hentzen’s recognition as a technology leader and trusted partner to our customers in the aerospace, defense and industrial markets we serve. Through nearly 100 years of innovation experience, we have developed a unique ability to custom engineer advanced coatings designed to meet each of our customers’ unique and challenging requirements. This innovation comes to life in our state-of-the-art facilities where our talented employees are challenged to develop coatings to solve these unique problems. If you want to join a technology leader, known for its innovation and dedication to its customers and employees, Hentzen can offer you a rewarding and challenging opportunity to learn and grow.
LABORATORY TECHNICIAN – Powder R&D
First Shift (8:00am-4:30pm)
The Lab Technician R&D performs small production and lab sample batch-making tasks in the production of industrial coatings products to meet customer specifications in accordance with established Hentzen Coatings health, safety and environmental procedures.
The successful candidates will have an acceptable score on the color matching and math tests.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Gathers raw materials, assembles batches, shades and performs QC testing
- Evaluates batches for conformance to specifications
- Adjusts properties of individual batches within formulation guidelines
- Performs testing related to product performance
- Prepares customer samples and panels
- May be required to perform all aspects of liquid batches of 10 gallons or less, such as dispersion, letdown, color matching, quality control and filling.
- Maintains records of processes and results
- Documents and records all actions taken in preparation of product
- Records batch information in appropriate computer programs
- Maintains standards for housekeeping and safety
- As part of the housekeeping procedures, the employee may be involved with the disposal of hazardous waste. The initial training of how to properly dispose of hazardous waste will be performed by the Environmental and Safety Coordinator or the department supervisor. Annual training of the same will be performed by the Environmental and Safety Coordinator.
- Willing to work various shifts as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- High school degree or equivalent preferred with college degree strongly preferred
- Degree, coursework or experience in chemistry along with strong math aptitude
- One to three years’ experience in a laboratory in an industrial setting preferred and preferably in coatings
- Good computer skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Willing to work in a team environment
- Ability to receive and provide instructions in a positive manner
The employee may be occasionally exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles in the lab area. The employee is occasionally exposed to hazardous materials. The employee may be occasionally exposed to humid conditions (non-weather) and may be working near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment may be loud while production equipment is running.
Personal Protection Equipment is required during various processes in the lab area. Safety shoes, glasses, dust mask, fire retardant uniform or lab coat, and gloves may be required when performing certain lab activities.
Please send resume with cover letter to:
Hentzen Coatings, Inc.
6937 W. Mill Road
Milwaukee, WI 53218
Women, minorities, Veterans and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply
HENTZEN COATINGS INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview
All candidates are subject to post offer drug/alcohol screening, job related physicals, and back ground checks.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE