Plastipak Packaging is a global industry leader in the design and manufacturing of plastic rigid containers of the highest quality. Our list of customers include some of the worlds most recognized and respected brands such as Procter & Gamble, Kraft Foods and Pepsi, just to name a few. Plastipak is fully invested in our associates providing hands-on training opportunities, unlimited access to industry innovations and motivation for career development. Our commitment to our employees is demonstrated in numerous awards for innovation, environmental sustainability, and corporate citizenship. We pride ourselves on an environment where our associates have the freedom and encouragement to reach beyond the ordinary, with unlimited possibilities.
Plastipak is an equal opportunity employer.
The Forklift Operator/Material Handler is responsible for the moving and storage of finished goods and raw materials. The Forklift Operator/Material Handler is also responsible for loading product for customer orders.
- Responsible for reporting food safety issues to personnel with authority to initiate action.
- Transfers finished goods as required to record production, store in specified location and/or load trailers.
- Adheres to all work instructions, Good Manufacturing Practices and housekeeping procedures.
- Utilizes approved work instructions for storage, transfer and loading of finished goods.
- Loads/unloads shuttle trailers.
- Maintains clean and orderly warehouse.
- Responsible for the accuracy of all transactions and product scanning.
- Loads finished goods for shipment to customers.
- Documents all shipment, both inbound and outbound per work instructions.
- Repairs damaged and non-conforming units promptly.
- Verifies the quality of the product sent outbound meets customer expectations.
- Communicates with team members and other process teams as necessary to ensure process efficiency.
- Identifies and reports the discovery of any non-conforming finished goods promptly.
- Responsible for recommending improved work instructions.
- Completes applicable routine forklift inspections and maintenance, including battery recharge, changing fuel tanks, and equipment lubrication.
- Performs work in a safe manner, and is responsible for following all safety policies and procedures.
- Responsible for adhering to all Good Manufacturing Practices GMP rules.
- Responsible for maintaining high standards relating to warehouse housekeeping.
- Responsible for working effectively with the Team Leader, production associates, and other team members.
- Has the authority to place product on hold.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Responsibilities and authorities as documented in the Quality Manual, Operational Procedures, HACCP Manual, Common Work Instructions and Site Work Instructions.
- Team oriented
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Must have flexibility of job assignments
- Must be able to commutate effectively.
- Must be able to operate a forklift
- Must be able to read shipping and receiving documents
- Basic computer skills
- Physical effort required, continuous mental and visual attention required.
- Lift up to 50 lbs.
- Walk up stairs
- Manual dexterity
- Exposed to dust, odors, oil and noise
- Required to sit, stand, and move about the facility
- Overtime required per schedule, 7-day week operation