Material Handler - Warehousing/Production
Duties are listed in order of greatest importance. The incumbent may be asked to perform other function-related activities in addition to the below mentioned responsibilities as reasonably required by business needs.
- Acknowledges and maintains commitment with the environmental policy, and participates actively in the environmental programs to achieve the objectives and targets with their area.
- Assists others by performing special projects and assignments.
- Complies with QSR, ISO and all applicable regulations and company procedures.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results; keeps business information confidential; administers the system security; ensures data accuracy and integrity; maintains updated professional and technical knowledge; assures systems compliance with laws, regulations, and corporate standards; ensures a safe and healthy environment.
- Dispatch raw material for manufacturing works orders and perform the respective material transactions with accuracy.
- Ensures and/or performs warehouse activities by following Procedures and instructions.
- Ensures inventory accuracy by processing accurate material transactions in the accepting and issuing of material.
- Ensures optimal customer service by assisting internal and external customers with accurate and timely responses to inquiries.
- Ensures optimal housekeeping by following procedure and completing corresponding checklist; maintains Warehouse in a neat and safe manner; improves warehousing space usage ensuring material is stored to maximize available spaces.
- Maintains a good company image and supplier relation through professional and efficient daily business contacts.
- Maintains label control records. Verifies the expiration date of labels.
- Maintains permanent and historical reference by maintaining necessary records and/or reports supporting job functions.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, and trainings.
- Maintains vehicles (Trucks and Forklifts) maintenance, reports any mechanical defects by performing daily inspection, filling and signing inspection checklist.
- Maintains warehouse areas and raw material inventory by properly storing, locating and protecting.
- Participates in the development of environmental improvement projects, which implies the minimization, all possible negative environmental impacts of daily operations and activities.
- Perform entries in the computer.
- Performs material movement through different warehouses.
- Provides the necessary support in terms of transporting raw material and products to and from manufacturing and warehouse areas.
- Receives the material returned by manufacturing, confirms quantity and lot number. Locates the respective locations and completes required material transactions.
- Reports all of the differences relative to errors to the coordinator or supervisor for corrective action.
- Responsible for the improvement and profitability of the company’s goals by participating and ensuring end of month, end of quarter and end of year activities are completed, accurately and in a timely manner.
- Supports operations goals by ensuring promptness and accuracy in the supply of materials.
- Works towards inventory accuracy and goals by actively participating in annual and other periodic physical inventory activities of stored parts; investigating and reconciling differences.