Title: Material Handler Warehouse I
Our Mission: At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Who we are: STERIS is a growing provider of infection prevention and other procedural products and services through our family of wholly owned subsidiaries.
Responsible for the inventory accuracy and safe movement of Customer product from receiving area to storage and from the post processing area to pre-shipping storage area. May perform the duties of Material Handler, Production or Production/Warehouse Assistant as needed.
- Maintains product inventory by receiving, identifying, labeling and storing product within the Shipping and receiving area until eventual transfer to unprocessed warehousing area; retrieves product from processed product storage and prepares for shipment.
- Maximizes processing and minimizes downtime by monitoring equipment used for product movement and transfer; conducts minor repairs and refers major malfunctions and or unsafe conditions to Supervisor Warehouse or Maintenance Department; maintains a clean orderly work area, performs Material Handling/Production functions as needed.
- Contributes to accuracy of processing and product accountability by reviewing receiving and shipping paperwork; implements appropriate corrections and documenting product movement both pre- and post processing.
- Processes product according to specifications if qualified by training, and certification.
- Maintains and advances technical skills, knowledge and abilities by assigned training.
- Works in a safe manner and considers safety in all aspects of job.
- Exhibits a commitment to the AST shared values of Customer Satisfaction and Continuous Improvement through ensuring defect-free workmanship, assisting others to meet the Customer’s needs, searching for efficient and effective ways to reduce waste, being active and accountable for Customer satisfaction, and satisfying the Customer’s needs with a sense of urgency.
- Contributes in a team effort by performing according to the guidelines outlined in the STERIS Code of Business Conduct, the GMP, Lean principles and other directives; supports the directives and decisions of higher level management and performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to effectively read, write and verbally communicate in English.
- Ability to work independently under general guidelines and supervision.
- Requires ability to navigate through defined computer screens.
- Above average organizing, analyzing and a minimum of Level 1 math skills (add and subtract 2 digit numbers. Multiply and divide 10’s and 100’s by 2,3,4,5, ability to use the four arithmetic functions of add, subtract, multiply and divide with money, measurements, e.g. cup, pint, inch, foot, lbs. etc.).
- Requires effective interpersonal skills as demonstrated through prior experience.
- Able to adapt to changing duties and responsibilities.
- Normal hearing range sufficient to hear alarms, bells, horns, etc.
STERIS plc is a $2B+, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with more than 14,000 employees worldwide. We are dedicated to providing our Customers with innovative infection prevention, decontamination, and health science technologies, products and services.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
We assure you that your opportunity for employment depends solely on your qualifications. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation(s) to complete this application and/or during the interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources department at 440-392-7047.
Nearest Major Market: Middletown
Nearest Secondary Market: Poughkeepsie
Job Segment: Medical, Warehouse, Infection Control, System Administrator, Shipping and Receiving, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Technology, Operations