Responsible for ensuring all schedules involving work in process are reviewed and updated on a regular basis and all concerns are relayed to Production Control manager. Act as a liaison between all departments to help resolve issues that may affect schedules. Assist in all other areas of the Production/Material Control departments as needed. Provide Purchasing duties for designated suppliers.
- Communicate with Manufacturing and Quality priorities for product movement throughout manufacturing to ensure schedule integrity.
- Review all jobs identified as critical on a daily basis to verify proper prioritization.
- Ensure all jobs scheduled for outside processing are identified and moved accordingly.
- Review incoming Receiving report including parts in eval and prioritize as needed to facilitate kit release.
- Ensure all outside processing receipts for the day have been moved back to production.
- Track QCI jobs and verify proper scheduling to meet milestone.
- Maintain designated schedules/milestones in Project and provide status as needed.
- Attend Production meetings to provide status and concerns with schedules.
- Creating and maintaining purchase orders for designated suppliers as agreed upon with Purchasing.
- Vendor follow up as needed to help Purchasing department maintain delivery schedules.
- Provide backup as needed.
- Work with management to develop and implement a better MRP system to eliminate some of the shortcomings of the present process.
- Provide assistance with special projects as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- 2+ years of experience in production control, planning, or purchasing.
- Basic knowledge of MRP systems
- Thorough knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge of word processing
- Electronics background helpful
- APICS Certification helpful