We're currently seeking an Material Receiver/Handler for a contract opportunity in Bolingbrook, IL. This is a great opportunity to work with one of the world’s leading suppliers of a wide range of products, solutions and services in the field of energy technology.
As Material Receiver/Handler, you will:
- Issue / Receive material and close all service orders.
- Perform regular cycle counts and inventory checks to validate system accuracy
- Work with Finance on customer billing.
- Coordinate with Service Technicians to ensure accurate accounting of parts used on jobs, and timely return of unused parts.
- Item maintenance and warranty claim processing
- Coordinate Module returns from customer and suppliers assuring system transactions are accurate
- Work with and back-up service team when needed to send out service parts to technicians or job site.
- Minimum high school degree
- Two to Three years prior experience in a material planning/scheduling role
- Demonstrated previous knowledge of manufacturing & assembly processes
- Previous experience in JIT/Kanban environment and Service Support
- Strong PC literacy with spreadsheets and word processing
- SAP Experience and Excel Experience required (will be tested)
- Excellent communications skills (written & verbal).
- Forklift certified
- Undergraduate degree in related field or Associates Degree preferred
- CPIM or related credentials preferred
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand, sit, talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to lift 5 - 10 lbs.
- This is a 3 month contract
- 40 Hours per week
- Will need to be available to work 10+ hours per day
- Weekend availability needed
Headway provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Headway complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training