What you’ll do
Material Requirement Data Coordinator (MRD) executes the management/logistics of materials in support of production of prototype component. This is a plant wide role, covering all Value Streams.
- Coordinates movement of material from Supplier to Customer (Internal & External)
- Receives, stores, and tracks all incoming materials in support of MRD activities
- Complete all transactions in MFG PRO
- Maintains logs and tracks status of all active Prototype Management Systems Work orders (PMS) – incoming & outgoing
- Attends new programs meetings for the coordination of PMS activities
- Stores and tracks all in process PMS materials. Including transport to inspection labs, paint-line, crack detect, safe launch and production lines/cells
- Coordinates PMS components thru internal inspection processes
- Assists in measurement and data collection activities
- Completes scrap disposition of all non-conforming PMS materials
- Coordinates and tracks inspection data and records including but not limited to heat logs, external inspection data, internal inspection data, met-lab reports, and dimensional layouts
- Completes shipping documentation for all PMS transactions
- Packages PMS components for shipment
- Communicates shipper tracking information and advises PMS requestor on the status of shipped items.
- Transports materials as needed to/from external warehouses
- Coordinates expedited shipments and appropriate communications
- Associates Degree in Manufacturing Technology or equivalent and 3+ years’ experience
- Five or more years of experience in high volume manufacturing environment. Automotive experience preferred.
- Supply Chain Certified Certificate
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
- Sound judgment, prioritization, organization and analytical skills
- Forklift Certification (preferred, not required)
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis.
GKN is a global engineering business. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for most of the world’s leading aircraft, vehicle and machinery manufacturers. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to better in everything we do. GKN operates three divisions: GKN Aerospace, GKN Driveline and GKN Powder Metallurgy employing 56,000 people in more than 30 countries.
GKN Driveline is the market leader in the development and delivery of contemporary and electrified driveline systems and solutions. With a comprehensive global footprint, we design, develop, manufacture and integrate an extensive range of driveline technologies for over 90% of the world’s automotive manufacturers.
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.