R.L. Cook Sales & Supply Co. is an industrial electrical wholesale company that sells materials to electrical distributors. We are recruiting for a Materials Specialist located in the Seattle, Washington area. The Materials Specialist is responsible for the receipt and physical inspection of all materials. Individual must have understanding of verifying materials against receiving documents, noting/reporting discrepancies and obvious damages, inventory identification and verification, routing materials to appropriate storage locations, rearranging and taking inventory of stored materials, examining stored materials and reporting deterioration/damage, removing material from storage and transport to shipping department.
- Receive and unload incoming materials, which may consist of parcels, crates, or pallets.
- Physically inspect, identify product and document inventory.
- Knowledge of, or ability to learn, disassembly and re-assembly of electric materials.
- Utilize forklift, pallet jack, dolly, or lifts to move and store warehouse materials.
- Assist and support sales staff by pulling orders for orders/shipments.
Clean work area and equipment as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Operations Manager.
- Computer proficient – Microsoft products.
- Effective listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively work individually or in a team environment.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, climb, bend, and lift objects of up to 80lbs.
- Capable of being on your feet 8.0+ hours/day.
- Must be able to use material handling equipment such as push carts, pallet jacks, lifts, and forklift.
- Exhibit flexibility with changing schedules, assignments and work locations.
- Available to work overtime as needed.
- Valid Driver’s license with clean record.
Education & Experience:
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED).
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screening.
- Forklift Operator Certification(s).
- Wholesale distribution/Shipping & Receiving experience preferred.
- 1 to 3 years of previous experience in related field such as, inventory, assembly or manufacturing.