Materials Analyst Opportunity in Greensboro, NC!
Full-Time, Temp-to-Hire position. Monday - Friday 6am - 4:30pm, hours may vary at times. Opportunity for overtime!
The ideal candidate will have independent problem solving skills and the discipline to preserver until problems are solved, work well in a team environment, have good time management and a willingness to continue personal growth and development.
Essential Job Duties:
- Responsible for evaluating inventory to determine excess and obsolete material based on material usage, Master Schedule, Bills of Materials, MRP and historical and future sales data and forecasts, etc.
- Recommend and implement strategies for the reduction of excess material and the prevention of future obsolescence of material.
- Responsible for reviewing programs scheduled for discontinuation and recommending phase-out strategies to prevent excess and obsolete inventory.
- Recommend and coordinate strategies for the disposition of obsolete material.
- Coordinate and assist in the preparation/disposition of scrapping material.
- Coordinate with Manufacturing, Customer Care, Procurement and Receiving/Inspection to determine material requiring receiving and inspection priority.
- Perform job and material cost analysis to determine cost variances and reasons for variances.
- Maintain inventory and purchasing units of measure and conversion factors.
- Analyze incoming and outgoing freight costs and collaborate with logistics and Purchasing to identify cost reduction opportunities.
- Assist with tracking and analyzing key performance indicators for cycle counting, inventory dollars, freight analysis, etc.
- Lead continuous improvement events to foster efficiency and process improvements.
- Assist Purchasing with identifying material demand issues by performing problem solving activities.
- Support Stores operations by providing required analysis, research, reporting and problem solving.
- Assist with part set up and maintenance as required.
- Interpret engineering data where applicable and a demonstrated ability to make quick and accurate decisions.
- 2 years college degree in Business or Applied Engineering or similar; or equivalent inventory planning related work experience
- 2 years previous experience with an MRP system in fabrication and assembly environment with meaningful scale
- Proficient in MS Office software applications
- Excellent Attendance
- Must pass drug screen & background check.
If you feel that you may be a good fit - apply at www.trcstaffing.com!
Why should you work with TRC Staffing Services?
At TRC Staffing we are committed to helping our clients and employees find the best fit. TRC works hard to campaign for our employees and help them land the position. We want to help change our employees lives and provide them with an extraordinary experience unlike any other. TRC Staffing offers benefits for our employees including, holiday pay, longevity bonus, partial paid medical insurance, electronic time keeping and direct deposit.
About TRC Staffing Services:
TRC Staffing Services, Inc. is a full-service staffing solutions provider with over 35 years of industry experience and is one of the largest privately held staffing firms in the country. TRC offers traditional staffing services through TRC Staffing Services and professional and technical staffing through our specialized recruiters at TRC Professional Solutions. In addition to these world class service offerings, TRC also provides managed services to leading organizations through our TRC IMPACT Services program.
We are the proud winners of Best of Staffing™ Talent and Client awards each year since inception, with only 2% of staffing firms making the list each year. This commitment to quality fuels our mission to help our customers build their business and help our employees build their future.