• Moderate to advanced skills required to operate business equipment associated with mailroom, copy center, and telephone/reception areas.
• The Material Handler works under the supervision of the Engineered Systems Supervisor.
• From written and/or verbal instructions the individual distributes material to the production areas and moves finished goods to the shipping area.
• Loads and unloads trucks inside and outside the building.
• The Material Handler is responsible for maintaining the storage locations.
• He/she is responsible for maintaining safe material handling practices.
• From bills of lading or packing lists, the material handler verifies incoming receipts for quantities and part numbers.
• Must have simple math skills.
• Must be able to read bills of lading, packing lists, etc.
• Must have valid Client's forklift drivers license.
• The Material Handler be able to work in a sitting position 90% of the time.
• Computer familiarity is a plus.
• Comply with the following health and safety duties as a condition of employment:
• Comply with safety rules Attend and Participate in Safety Training Participate actively in the safety process
• Report all accidents and injuries immediately Submit suggestions to improve safety Know their duties in case of emergency Be a coach to others who are acting unsafely ENVIRONMENTAL OBLIGATIONS
• Comply with the following environmental duties as a condition of employment: Attend and participate in all hazardous and non-hazardous waste trainings.
• Ability to recognize chemical hazardous labels. Spill management and clean-up.
• Capability to follow satellite accumulation rules and requirements.
• Proficiency to recognize hazardous wastes in your area and manage properly.
1. Distributes material to the various production areas in a manner that complements productivity.
2. Moves finished goods to the shipping area.
3. Determines proper loading procedures for trailer load shipments.
4. Notifies Supervisor or scrap material so that proper transactions can be made.
5. Performs daily maintenance check on lift trucks.
6. Checks material movement transactions for accuracy of part numbers, quantities and locations.
7. Maintains operating skills necessary to operate three different lift truck sizes.
8. Loads and unloads finished goods and in-process materials from semi-trailers and vans.
9. Occasionally, from verbal and/or written instructions, transports material between various manufacturing facilities.
10. Occasionally required to activate Client's system.
11. Assists in annual inventory (Mandatory).
Comment: Warehouse Exp, Inventory Tracking System Exp a plus (i.e Oracle)