Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
The Materials Management Systems Analyst will demonstrate and maintain a complete understanding of the Lawson AP and MM applications. Identify ways to fully utilize Lawson with other systems to meet the needs of Materials Management and AP. Analyze business needs to improve processes and develop efficiencies. Develop scripts for interfaces between Lawson and other systems. Deep understanding of Lawson EDI setup and maintenance. Develop test scripts and test system upgrades and patches.
Main Responsibilities include:
• Monitor and research system capabilities for ongoing improvement/enhancement possibilities to the AP/MM Departments.
• Meet with proper parties to develop tools to meet their needs.
• Review and update AP&MM Work-flows to best support the needs of the Department.
• Monitor interaction of related systems (AP and MM) to determine most efficient use.
• Utilizes FTP server.
• Understands and assists with Electronic Data Interface (EDI) issues, setups and testing. Contact and work with vendors and GHX.
• Review all jobs associated with EDI are completed.
• Track and reports EDI errors; support AP with EDI issues.
• Maintains miscellaneous files/tables in Lawson.
Interfaces, & Processing Scripts.
• Develop interfaces between various systems; monitor and maintain interfaces appropriately.
• Evaluates, test, implements system upgrades, enhancements, and updates in Lawson test environment.
• Write/develop and maintain interfaces and processing scripts as necessary to automate file exchanges. Interfaces and scripts need to have fail safe control points, failure notifications and data error identification.
• Write/develop automate scripts for job processing activities.
• Write code to run jobs and exchange data on various UPHS servers, write code to schedule jobs directly from servers.
• Develop and create new reports to analyze data.
• Assist with the archiving of reports and data.
• Develop reports to monitor and ensure accuracy of data coming in and out of Lawson (including EDI transmissions).
• Download reports and format them as requested.
• Develop queries in SQL, MS Access or Oracle on as-as needed basis to support the operational needs of Materials Management/AP.
• Develop forms, reports or macros in MS Access on as-needed basis to support the operational needs of Materials Managements/AP.
• Develop and schedule FTP commands on as-needed basis to support the operational needs of Materials Management/AP.
Minimum Degree Requirements and Experience Required:
• BA/BS in related field required.
• Minimum of five years of experience in a related area (e.g., IS, Supply Chain/Materials Management, Accounts Payable, etc.)
• Experience with Information Systems and Supply Chain/Materials Management.
• Expertise in MS Access, Excel, and Word.
• Basic knowledge of SQL server and File Transfer Protocol.
• Experience with Crystal Reports or Report Writer preferred.
• Comprehensive knowledge of ERP related systems or Material Management applications.
• Knowledge of standard office computer systems
• Knowledge of standard office desktop client software such as Microsoft Office
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Penn Medicine http://www.pennmedicine.org/careers/
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.