The Materials Management Technician is responsible for the procurement for all supplies in the hospital. The responsibility of the position includes ordering and receiving of supplies, stocking supplies and assisting Accounts Payable with invoice packets. We are looking for a highly motivated, energetic person. This person must be active as 90% of this position is physical activity.
- High school graduate or equivalent required
- Two years minimum receiving and inventory experience in a health care environment preferred.
- Strong Customer Service Background
- Strong math and counting skills required
- Type minimum of 40 wpm preferred
- Computer experience required (Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word and Excel preferred)
- Able to deal tactfully with public and other staff members
- Must possess the ability to prioritize responsibilities and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to deal with repetitive task
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted
- Ability to stand, bend, twist, squat and lift heavy items above your head and shoulders
- Ability to work in a clean and sterile environment