Nova Stevensville, a division of Mayco International, is a design/ engineering/ manufacturing supplier to the automotive industry. Mayco is headquartered in Sterling Heights, Michigan, and is a Tier 1 supplier with more than 6,000 employees in 36 plants across the USA, China, India, Russia, South Africa, South Korea and Australia. We provide design and advanced engineering services, tooling, manufacturing and assembly, sequencing and logistics, as well as systems integration services.
Our culture is team-based, interactive, flexible, and supports continuous learning experiences, both hands-on as well as formal. Tools such as Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen, and World Class Manufacturing are used to improve our processes which improve our performances individually and as a group. We are growth focused and believe that a positive working environment is critical to our success.
Our interior products include instrument panel systems, door panels, airbag covers, sidewall trim, garnishment molding systems, and consoles. Exterior products include front and rear bumper fascia and systems, body side moldings, grille opening panels and reinforcements. Our exterior products also include large body panels, such as hoods and doors. In addition, we produce many specialty vehicles such as the SV 9C for SV Motors as well as several special-edition, second-stage vehicles for market niches such as the military. We serve OEMs and other Tier 1 suppliers in North America, Europe, Asia, Africa and Australia.
The Materials Manager’s primary responsibilities include the supervision of all Shipping/Receiving and Warehouse personnel, responsible for Purchase Order Releases, Demand Planning, Inventory Control, Scrap Reporting. Reports administratively to the General Manager, supporting Plant Manager.
The Materials Manager has the authority to supervise and delegate responsibility within the Materials Department, authorize premium transportation and other expenditures for delivery schedule conditions, add, update or change department policy and procedure for the purpose of Continuous Improvement opportunities.
- Supervise and delegate authority within the Materials Department.
- Meeting established customer delivery requirements.
- Maintenance of production control data base information (customer files, carriers, containers, inventory, etc..).
- Warehousing cleanliness and organization.
- Department policies and procedures.
- Monthly reporting to senior management.
- CMS MRP/ERP data accuracy. Insure accuracy of incoming releases, inventory, and materials.
- Manage and analyze materials systems.
- Sales forecasting
- Manage lean principles through World Class Manufacturing methodologies.
- Follows all safety, housekeeping, and company policies and procedures.
- Support Quality Management Systems.
- Education and Experience
- Bachelor Degree and/or six (6) years of progressive material control responsibility in an automotive supplier environment.
- Proficient in computer information systems and Microsoft Office.
- Material requirements planning (MRP) training.
- APICS (APIM) certification preferred.
- Minimum six (6) years supervision experience.
- Familiar with IATF 16949 policies and procedures and work instructions.
- Material Requirements Planning.
- Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.orgHelp