We're seeking a Materials Manager in Portland, Oregon!
We are Milgard Windows, the leading manufacturer of windows and doors in the Western United States. The Portland, Oregon plant has an immediate opening for a Materials Manager, someone with outstanding leadership skills and knowledge of the best processes, to manage the receiving team. In addition to managing the daily KPI’s of the team, the Materials Manager will oversee raw material procurement, materials planning, inventory control and production scheduling.
The Materials Manager is responsible for the following key functions:
- Utilize your lean toolbox (MOS) to drive down costs and increase savings.
- Support plant operations through data extraction and analysis of sales using information from both purchasing and manufacturing.
- Assist in the management of system upkeep of BOM, routing and cost information.
- Plan and execute physical inventory with minimal downtime through excellent cycle count and inventory accuracy.
- Play a key role in the site senior staff, driving business strategies and location safety.
- Ensure uninterrupted material supply to the production lines (no stock-outs) and maintaining excellent inventory accuracy.
- Minimizing both inventory DOS while improving OTD delivery for the Portland plant.
In this important role you will focus on implementing daily functional group management through tools such as the MPS board and daily gemba walks. Through smart and articulate communication you will be responsible for building and growing an excellent team using development and succession plans. Additionally you will play a pivotal role assisting in cost savings initiatives.
We're seeking an individual with a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2-5 years’ experience in a leadership role, either in the supply chain, manufacturing or logistic industry. You should have lean in your toolkit, solid communication skills, solid problem-solving skills, and demonstrated experience developing and growing team members. MS Office skills and prior experience with ERP systems will be helpful, as will Bilingual (Spanish) ability.
Submit your resume through our career portal after you've visited our site to learn a little about Milgard's culture, which we have built on our foundational philosophy of respect, service, and excellence! We promote from within and as we continue to grow - new opportunities are created regularly.
To remain up-to-date on Milgard’s various career opportunities, “like” our Milgard Windows Careers Facebook page at www.facebook.com/milgardcareers and follow us on LinkedIn.