Tired of the same old grind? Here is a chance to shake things up and push yourself to achieve your full potential. Pilkington leverages the skills and experience of all employees. A commitment to excellence is deeply rooted in a strong sense of tradition. You will work side by side with people you can trust and respect.
- Develop and review departmental safety rules and work practices to ensure that all employees work in a safe environment
- Complete risk assessments and PFMEAs related to made to order operations.
- Ensure that all employees understand and follow established safety rules, requirements, and procedures
- Maintain department quality, environmental, health and safety procedures, ensuring documentation is up to date and procedures are followed.
- Perform quality audits within the area
- Train and assess Materials department employees as needed
- Develop and review Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), visual work instructions, worker skill assessments, and relevant quality documents.
- Help manage the daily activities of the off-line employees through scheduling and tracking process variables and report on performance
- Advise Customer Service of lead time on all cut size products
- Monitor SKU’s designed for cutdown – customer special and block packs
- Chair weekly off-line scheduling meeting
- Ensure that off-line equipment is properly maintained and in good working order through proper scheduling of maintenance activities
- Help manage inventory through the use of aged product through off-line operations
- Enter purchasing requisitions and work closely with Stores to ensure that all necessary materials are available when needed
- Help manage expenditures to meet department budgets and identify and implement cost savings
- Work with Box supplier to ensure that all materials are in house when schedules are distributed
- Work with warehouse personnel to make sure schedules are communicated on a daily basis
- Be able to produce schedules for pack to order, grab to pack daily and the floats to cover for absences
- Assist in the scheduling of maintenance PM's for MTO operations by working through Maintenance
- Fill in for Materials Offline Manager or Plant Scheduler when necessary
- Adherence to NSG/Pilkington Standards of Business Conduct and its’ Values and Principles
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Computer and software proficiency – including strong knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in teams, multi-task, and take leadership responsibility
- Production and/or Planning & Logistics experience
- SAP experience a plus
- Advanced Excel user – use of formulas and macros
- Supervisor experience – Managing hourly team members
- Experience using problem-solving tools—PDCA, Six Sigma, etc
- B.S. in Industrial / Mechanical Engineering
- Experience with commercial glass products