Maternal Child Health Nurse
Salary $28-$32 per hour
People, Incorporated is a human service agency serving the Southcoast community, including the Greater Fall River, New Bedford, and Taunton areas. As a partnership of specialized, integrated programs, we provide unique opportunities to people with life challenges. Since our inception in 1968, we have been one of the largest providers of supports and services to people of all abilities in the community. Let People, Incorporated be Your Path to Opportunity!
People, Incorporated is seeking a Maternal Nurse for the Welcome Family Fall River Program. This position will provide home-based services to participants.
- Work collaboratively as member of Program team in providing services to families recently given birth enrolled in the program.
- Provide direct home-based services for enrolled participants.
- Assess the family needs and strengths related to overall health and well-being.
- Provide assessment, resource and referral to families.
- Make appropriate referrals for additional services based on families’ needs.
- Collaborate with referral sources to provide education and training in the community.
- Network with collaborators to build Program capacity and coordinate services.
- Complete documentation and billing according to Department of Public Health standards.
- Participate in all staff meetings and required training sessions, including in-service training, as scheduled.
- Attend professional development workshops or courses specifically targeting development of breastfeeding counseling skills.
- Access and read Agency email account and Intranet at least weekly.
- Current licensure as an RN by the Massachusetts Board of Registration, Division of Professional Licensure, with either:
- a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing from an accredited program and at least three (3) years of clinical experience in prenatal, newborn, infancy or maternal services; or
- a Master of Science degree in Nursing with Maternal and Child Health, Family Health, Community Health, or related specialty and two (2) years of clinical experience in prenatal, newborn, infancy or maternal services.
- Knowledge through experience with:
- community Based/Public Health Nursing;
- childbirth education and women’s health issues;
- recognizing the spectrum of postpartum mood disorders through assessment and observation;
- understanding the dynamics of domestic violence and substance abuse, including assessment and making referrals to appropriate community resources;
- providing culturally competent care;
- identifying the risk factors for child abuse and neglect, including the mandatory reporting laws;
- infant behavior assessment, including educating parents around infant development;
- regular attendance at professional development workshops or courses specifically targeting the development of breastfeeding counseling skills; and
- motivational interviewing.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively within the Agency and the community.
- Ability to maintain valid drivers’ license and dependable transportation.
People, Incorporated offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes health, dental, 403(b), FSA, LTD, life insurance and generous accrued time off.