MECHANIC, PRODUCTION EQUIPMENT MAINTENANCE - Second or Third Shift
Our Client is looking for a Mechanic, Production Equipment Maintenance.Second or thirdshift and is responsible for repairing and maintaining automated production equipment. Inspects equipment for proper functioning and performs preventative maintenance duties per manufacturer's specifications. May support repairs and installations for other advanced production/manufacturing equipment. Diagnoses equipment malfunctions and makes more complicated repairs or adjustments as needed. This position requires frequent standing, walking, crouching, squatting, bending, and kneeling. The position may require weekend and/or holiday work. Initial training will take place on the first shift for 3-6 weeks. Hours: 3rd shift, Sunday - Thursday, 11:00 PM to 7:30 AM; Hours on 2nd Shift: Monday - Thursday, 3:00 PM to 11:30 PM.
* Perform preventative maintenance and repairs on PLC Systems.
* Perform preventative maintenance or repairs on more advanced production equipment as needed.
* Perform breakdown analysis.
* Change line for package changeovers.
* Enforce GMP, safety, and audit standards.
* Work independently under limited supervision (self-management)
* Documentation of work tasks completed.
* Intermediate PLC troubleshooting including both discrete and analog devices.
* Disassemble units, determine extent of trouble, repair or replace components, reassemble, and adjust for proper operation.
* Understand operating principles, control loops (PID). Knowledge of servo motor control.
* Trained and demonstrated capability on carton, case, (Ink Jets, labelers, etc.).
* Maintain and repair (complex automatic controls, including PLC's.
* Perform troubleshooting of PLC's, discrete I/O devices using a laptop or personal computer or screen.
* Be able to identify electrical components and follow wiring diagrams drawings and schematics.
* Have a sound basic knowledge of PC's, printer and their associated software (Windows, Word, Excel, etc.)
* Make technical decisions and effectively prioritize scheduled work and projects with a minimum of interference or delay to production.
* Perform other related duties assigned by management.