Brinjac Engineering, Inc. is a nationally ranked, full-service engineering firm with 6 offices located strategically throughout the mid-Atlantic and Southwest regions. Brinjac Engineering has a time-honored reputation for providing outstanding engineering services to public and private schools and universities, hospitals, cultural, sports and recreational facilities, corporate, retail and financial institutions, hospitality facilities, as well as local, state, and federal government institutions.
We are seeking a highly motivated, pro-active Mechanical Design Engineer for an exciting opportunity to join our growing Dallas, TX office. This individual will develop and deliver quality engineering solutions across a variety of market sectors working with and leading project engineering teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- EIT and/or LEED AP Certification a plus.
- 2-5 years building engineering design.
- Project experience in corporate/commercial / retail market sectors a plus.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit.
- Ability to communicate effectively. both verbally and in writing
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks as needed to complete within the identified time frame and/or deadline
- Basic knowledge in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must be local candidate authorized to work in the U.S.
- Assist other team members while conducting field surveys as required.
- Participate in the design process as directed.
- Coordinate work with internal and external project consultants and architects
- Plot/Prepare drawings for digital transmittance to consultants, clients and/or contractor.
- Log Shop Drawings and assist in Shop Drawing comment translation.
- Follow company standards and guidelines in the preparation of deliverables.
- Maintain and archive electronic project files.
- Identify code requirements for common engineering systems, life safety, and ADA.
- Ability to work independently on smaller projects and with supervision on larger more complex projects.
Due to the larger volume of candidates, only qualified applicants will be contacted. No recruiters or phone calls please.