Mechanical Engineer – Senior (PE) - Philadelphia
Brinjac Engineering, Inc. is a nationally ranked, full-service engineering firm with 6 offices located strategically throughout the mid-Atlantic and Southwest regions. Brinjac Engineering has a time-honored reputation for providing outstanding engineering services to public and private schools and universities, hospitals, cultural, sports and recreational facilities, corporate, retail and financial institutions, hospitality facilities, as well as local, state, and federal government institutions.
We are seeking a highly motivated, pro-active Sr Mechanical Engineer for an exciting opportunity to join our growing Philadelphia office. This individual will develop and deliver quality engineering solutions across a variety of market sectors working with and leading project engineering teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- PE License LEED AP Certification a plus.
- 10+ years building engineering design.
- Project experience in Higher Ed, Healthcare, state and local government market sectors. Hospitality, corporate/commercial market sectors a plus.
- Lab Design Experience.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Revit.
- Must be local candidate authorized to work in the U.S.
- Ability to adhere to project budgets and schedules.
- Strong knowledge of building regulations and codes
- Good knowledge of product specifications and detailing.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong planning, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Contribute to the proposal and work plan development for each project.
- Conduct field surveys and complete program documentation.
- Generate system solution concepts.
- Conduct material/ product research and prepare specifications/schedules.
- Prepare SD, DD and CD packages. Mentor Jr teammates in support of project work.
- Coordinate work with internal and external project consultants and architects.
- Prepare Addenda, Bulletin, and Change Order documentation.
- Review and respond to Shop Drawings and RFI’s.
- Attend project and construction meetings, make periodic site observation visits.
- Prepare and update punch lists and project close out tasks.
- Adhere to company standards in the preparation of deliverables. Including established QA procedures.
- Prepare meeting agendas, meeting minutes, phone conversation notes, etc. to document the progress of the project and directions received from the Client.
Client Management and Business Development
- Act as secondary client contact as back up to PM.
- Assist in secondary marketing by maintaining good working relationships with Client contacts.
- Attend interviews as requested by Engineering Director.
Brinjac offers competitive wages based on skills and experience as well as an excellent benefits package, including: Paid Time Off, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts, and more. Brinjac Engineering, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Due to the larger volume of candidates, only qualified applicants will be contacted. No recruiters or phone calls please.