Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Other Protected Category
Country: United States
Location: Houston, TX, US
Location details: N/A
Employment type: Undefined term
Country: United States (US)
Location: Houston, Texas (US-TX)
At Konecranes, we believe that great customer experience is built on the people behind the Konecranes name - people committed to providing our customers with lifting equipment and services that lift their businesses. Everything we do, we do with passion and drive. This is what makes Konecranes a unique place to work.
POSITION TITLE: Mechanical Engineer
REPORTS TO: Engineering Manager
Manage Mechanical Engineering responsibilities related to Crane Projects and Support Sales and Production in the Konecranes ICS Region Americas Delivery Engineering Department. The hired Engineer will learn to manage the mechanical and structural design/engineering aspects of material handling equipment projects; read specifications, create equipment layouts, execute mechanical and structural calculations using company approved software, and specify/requisition mechanical/structural components. An entry level engineer will be trained in the use of company approved software and trained to acquire product knowledge. In time, the hired Engineer will be expected to become a lead engineer on custom engineered material handling equipment projects.
- Review Project Contracts and Specifications related to new crane projects.
- Create PDM version of the crane assembly (structure) and send it to planning and to procurement.
- Attend project Kickoff Meetings, External and Internal, as determined by the Project Manager.
- Create Crane General Arrangement drawings and provide mechanical load requirements for the client civil engineer's use.
- Work with the Project Lead Electrical Engineer to determine the electrical device arrangement on the Crane General Arrangement Drawing that is submitted to the customer for approval.
- Calculate the crane structural steel and crane electromechanical requirements for the project
- Work with the Project Lead Electrical Engineer to create and finalize work orders for new projects.
- Specify Mechanical Components and Materials that meet the project specifications and requirements.
- Add Long Lead Mechanical Components to the company's PDM software for planning, purchasing, and crane manufacturing.
- Design crane structural steel components and create detailed drawings for crane manufacturing.
- Create crane material lists in the company's PDM software.
- Transmit crane material lists to the company's ERP system and release approved for production fabrication drawings to production.
- Specify technical requirements for manufacturing, assembly, transportation, and delivery. Provide technical requirements and details for crane installation to the crane erector.
- Support production with technical assistance regarding the installation of structural and mechanical equipment.
EDUCATION: Must have a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering or related field.
EXPERIENCE: Entry level position. Must have a basic understanding of Mechanical or Civil Engineering including school projects, internships or industry experience.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Must have CAD skills, must have a mechanical aptitude, willing to travel both domestically and internationally as needed based on the business need. Computer skills in MS Office and engineering related programs preferred.
#MONUS #CBUS #NXT
Konecranes is a world-leading group of Lifting Businesses™, serving a broad range of customers. We are truly a global company with 16,000 employees at 600 locations in 50 countries. For over 80 years, we have been dedicated to improving the efficiency and performance of businesses in all types of industries. We believe that sustainable growth is a result of a strong responsible performance.
- Donation-Matching Program
- Life Insurance
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid Holidays
- Paid sick days
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Stock Options
- Tuition Reimbursement