Hayward Pool Products, a division of Hayward Industries, Inc. is the largest manufacturer of residential swimming pool equipment in the world, with a significant presence in the commercial pool market that is continuously growing. Headquartered in Elizabeth, New Jersey, Hayward designs, manufactures and markets a full line of residential and commercial pool and spa equipment including pumps, filters, heating, cleaners, salt chlorinators, automation, lighting, safety, flow control and energy solutions. For over 80-years, Hayward has been enhancing pool ownership by manufacturing cutting edge, advanced pool and spa equipment. Hayward listens to our customers’ needs and makes sure they are implemented during the design and manufacturing process. The goal is to become the preferred brand of choice with every residential and commercial swimming pool and spa.
Working at Hayward
One of the most rewarding ways to jumpstart your career is to participate in a comprehensive internship program. Hayward Industries offers a competitive internship program that gives students a chance to gain hands-on experience in a professional environment.
As an intern with Hayward, you will not only gain industry experience, but you will also be part of a collaborative, team-based environment. We take pride in our personal approach and the close-knit relationships prevalent in our diverse workplace. Our interns have the opportunity to work for the largest manufacturer of residential swimming pool equipment in the world. It designs and markets the Totally Hayward® System, a complete line of state-of-the-art, energy efficient residential pool equipment including pumps, filters, heaters, heat pumps, cleaners, electronic control systems, electronic chlorinators, lighting, safety equipment, Hayward Flow Control products, industrial flow control valves and components, and white goods such as skimmers, main drains and other thermoplastic pool construction fittings. Research and development are at the forefront of Hayward's short and long-term goals, while introducing industry-changing, energy-efficient products.
The Hayward Internship Program is a comprehensive summer program that offers numerous benefits:
- A preliminary, new intern orientation that familiarizes interns with Hayward Industries.
- Competitive pay
- A Mentor Program to help ease your transition and answer any questions interns may have before, during, and after the internship
- Numerous opportunities for networking both internally and externally
- Program events, including company sporting events, concerts, community service projects, game nights, and other social events
- A weekly and end-of-summer review process that assists interns in leaving the internship with a clear understanding of their progress
- The opportunity to turn an internship into a full-time job upon graduation.
This Intern position for summer 2019 will support product design for products, components, systems and sub-systems as assigned. Working closely with one of our engineers and cross-functionally with a wide variety of engineering disciplines he/she will assure the highest level of design quality, integrity and performance are maintained, in their designs. He/she will execute their respective responsibilities under the guides of more senior level engineering team members.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assist with, mechanical design and test engineering teams to support design of products such as robotic pool cleaners, mechanical pool cleaners that operate with negative or positive pressure, hydraulic pumps, pressure vessels (filters). Current products are shown at hayward.com.
- Conduct and or witness testing in the R&D lab as required
- Responsible to produce a presentation at the conclusion of the internship and presentation to the Engineering Leadership Team
- Rising Jr. or Sr. working toward an Engineering Degree
- Basic understanding in many engineering processes
- Knowledge of Statistics and the use of Cap Studies, Descriptive Statistics (mean, Mode, Std Deviation etc)
- Basic knowledge of mechanical engineering tools like finite element analysis, heat transfer and other design tools
- Skilled knowledge of 3D CAD systems preferably SolidWorks
- Ability to develop product test criteria and equipment.
- Problem solving ability.
- Computer literacy in the use of presentation and program management software.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and analytical skills.
- Currently Enrolled at a 4 year institution
For Consideration, please visit: http://careers-haywardnet.icims.com /