You will work with a wide variety of cross functional disciplines from ID, EE, Marketing, ODM’s and more, in creating amazing products for a premium gaming brand.
You will be responsible for full design cycle for high volume products employing plastics and sheet metal, from brainstorming through tooling into production.
You will work across the full design cycle for a fun and authentic gaming brand.
- Define and develop product solutions based on marketing requirements.
- Create a project schedule and manage activities for multiple major projects.
- Create clear and concise project and technical reports to share across the organization.
- Identify and perform any engineering analysis as required.
- Work independently to create detailed designs.
- Apply knowledge and expertise acquired through progressive experience to resolve crucial issues and/or unique conditions.
- Serves as the technical specialist for the organization in the application of advanced concepts, principles, and methods in an assigned area.
- Assist in the selection and support of suppliers for prototyping, tooling and production.
- Test and evaluate prototypes, tooling and first articles.
- Reviews operational procedures to ensure compliance with applicable policies and performance measures.
- Manage communications with Asia Suppliers.
Must Have Skillsets:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering required; MSME desirable.
- 3-D CAD skills demonstrating surface design creation using ProE a must.
- 5+ years of design for complex high volume consumer electronic goods.
- Knowledge of design using both injection molded plastics and sheet metal.
- Experience with developing several products from concept to mass production.
- Ability to apply critical thinking and creative solutions, lead technical discussions and be the technical lead for disciplines on projects
- Experience working with industrial design firms
- Experience with high volume design and high volume manufacturing in China with overseas suppliers
- Engineering analysis skills
- Agency approval requirements
- Good materialization and manufacturing process
- Product genesis and conceptual design skills experience.
- Engineering analysis, including strength of materials, tolerance analysis, FEA, and acoustics.
- Familiarity with regulatory agency requirements for electronic products.
- Design for manufacturability, high and low volume.
- Good verbal and written communication as well as interpersonal and people management skills.
- Able to successfully negotiate with consultants, suppliers and team members.
- Able to perform hands-on shop and lab work.
Location: San Francisco, CA (Bryant Street)
Type: Fulltime (some remote work available)
Travel: 1-2 week to Southern China per quarter