Sterling Heights Mi.
Responsibilities for Mechanical System Engineer:
- System to system interaction & clearance, system accessibility for installation & maintenance, and system level requirements compliance.
- Development and maintenance of Pro/E (CREO) Master Model and Interface assemblies.
- Develop space claims for static condition, dynamic condition, sway, shot line, and keep out zones.
- Develop and maintain Product Structure and establish preliminary EBOM.
- Support concept development, perform space claim development/refinement, and perform Design Integration reviews using Pro/E (CREO) & Vis Mockup.
- Perform human modeling analyses (e.g., JACK) to develop and assess design and integration solutions for Crew Stations.
- Perform Human Factors mission, function, and task analysis.
- Establish and conduct a System Safety Program that evaluates the system for safety concerns.
- Perform safety analysis tasks and document safety hazards, working with the appropriate personnel to eliminate hazards or mitigate them to an acceptable level.
- Support concurrent engineering reviews, tech reviews, drawing sign-off, and internal/external checkpoint reviews.
- Support trial fits and vehicle builds
- Perform system/component interference and clearance analysis; compile reports clearly documenting results, impacts, and recommended solutions.
- Track status of Design and Drafting activities relative to program milestones. Resolve issues that impact meeting program milestones.
- Identify critical interfaces and coordinate interface definition with impacted organizations/vendors.
- Develop and Maintain Interface Control Drawings, Class & Division drawings, Installation drawings, General Assembly Drawings, Appurtenance Drawings, Turret & Hull Weldment drawings.
- Interface with Program Office, Design Engineering, Systems Engineering, Logistics, Vetronics, Manufacturing, Design Services, vendors, and USG.
Other job requirements
- Defense Contractor experience desired.
- Good computer skills required in the following: PC (Excel, Word, Power Point, Project, Internet Explorer).
- Software: Pro/Engineer (CREO), Team Center Vis-Mockup, SpaceClaim, JACK Human Modeling tool.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Occasional travel.
- Must be willing to work overtime.
Education and Experience
- Required Education: Bachelor of Science Major, Mechanical Engineering
- Experience: 2-3 years CAD Design, or Vehicle Packaging, or System Integration
At Advantage Resourcing, our primary objective is to perfectly align the best people with the appropriate jobs. These jobs may be temporary assignments or career positions. We place talented people in a wide variety of jobs working with our client companies in areas such as: engineering, IT, technical, manufacturing, skilled trades, distribution, call centers, clerical, accounting, finance and sales.
Our strength is being able to solve our client's workforce needs by matching people that have the right skills, knowledge and motivation to each opportunity. Advantage Resourcing can help you discover the personal and career success you desire.
Advantage Resourcing Americas, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard for race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, gender, marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected categories. Advantage Resourcing is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.