Permanent position: Our client, a large and fast-growing MEP firm with multiple locations in the southeast, is seeking qualified candidates for a newly created Sr. Mechanical Engineer/Project Manager position for their Tampa, FL, office. An active P.E. License is required for this role. This position will be within the company's Healthcare Services Group, with a primary focus on healthcare, commercial, educational, and design-build sectors.The salary range for this position is $100k-$130k/yr depending on experience.
Responsibilities for the Mechanical Engineer• Assist market segment manager and team leader in manpower projections and scheduling of work. Manage, direct and supervise mechanical engineering staff in the execution of specific projects to meet schedules and timely completion of projects. Schedule and lead mechanical production staff meetings.
• Assist team leader in annual reviews of mechanical staff.
• Assist team leader in project billing process. Assist market segment manager and team leader in preparation of RFP type proposal responses including project write ups, resumes, etc. Work with team leader in preparation of fee proposals for office.
• Take an active lead in proposal for work process. Identify prospective clients and work in conjunction with team leader to establish relationship with those clients.
• Be responsible for the total mechanical systems design for specific projects. Make calculations integral to the mechanical systems design.
• Be familiar with and apply applicable codes.
• Supplement design standards and administrative procedures where needed. Learn client base and the services provided.Identify new opportunities that may have synergistic benefit with our existing business. Provide marketing support for project pursuits.
Requirements for the Mechanical Engineer• B.S. degree in mechanical engineering and seven (7) or more year's applicable experience in discipline design and analysis.
• Must have PE.
• Healthcare experience is preferred but not required. A solid M.E. with experience in mechanical building systems design is required.
• Must have Project Management experience.
• Knowledge of project approach and system design.
• Willingness to build and maintain relationships with clients.
• Experience in the Revit environment a plus.
Benefits• Medical Insurance: Company provides medical insurance for employees and their families (if applicable) and pays 75% of the premium. This plan is compatible with health savings account, which the company helps to fund. Also contains wellness benefit, which includes on-site biometric screenings, individual assessments and coaching, and an awards/gift program.
• Dental Insurance: Company provides dental insurance for employees and their families (if applicable) and pays 75% of the premium.
• Vision insurance.
• Life, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance: Fully paid by the company for the employee, with option to buy additional life insurance for employee or family members at low group rates.
• Long Term Care Insurance: Base plan paid by the company for the employee, with option to buy additional coverage for employee or family member at low group rates.
• Section 125 Premium-Only Plan.
• 401K/Profit Sharing/Retirement Plan.
• Eight paid holidays annually.
• Paid vacation (time off dependent on years of service).
• Paid sick leave.
• Continuing Professional Development.
• Maternity Leave.