*** We are looking for someone living in or willing to relocate to Upstate NY (Buffalo, Syracuse, Rochester)***
We are currently seeking an experienced Mechanical Engineer to support operations in Upstate New York. In this position you will apply your technical knowledge to help assess and determine the origin and cause of complex and unique problems for our clients. As you draw upon your experience and reasoning skills to form opinions and conclusions, you’ll be supported by a team of top-notch professionals prepared to assist you every step of the way. In return for your talent and effort, we offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package—including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, employer-matching 401(k), a flexible work schedule, and opportunities for advancement.
Duties include conducting field investigations and performing failure/accident analysis involving various types of mechanical, electrical and plumbing equipment including vehicles involved in accidents or incidents. Conduct failure analysis of MEP or vehicle equipment or components. Perform computer analysis and calculations. Provide timely and accurate technical findings in both verbal and written form. Assisting in promoting services and develop client relationships through the delivery of expertise related presentations, attending industry related events and supporting the marketing staff as needed.
- MS in Mechanical Engineering preferred. BS in Mechanical Engineering required.
- 5 + years’ of experience. PE through testing required.
- ACTAR certification preferred for vehicle accident reconstruction.
- You must be able to gain P.E. reciprocity in additional states as needed.
- Physically able to climb ladders, walk on roofs, enter and work in confined spaces, crawl under cars and trucks and other vehicles to inspect damage. Knowledge of automotive components and systems is preferred.