Work for Switchgear Power Systems! We are looking for a dynamic, motivated Mechanical Engineering Manager to join our team. If you thrive in a fast-paced hands on team environment, consider Switchgear Power Systems as the place for you.
In this position, the Mechanical Engineering Manager will oversee mechanical engineering activities and interface with application engineering manager and electrical engineering manager. Other key responsibilities of this position include -
- Direct and manage mechanical engineering team.
- Oversee and ensure EPDM system is operational and optimized.
- Schedule projects for the mechanical engineering team.
- Lead and direct all design activities associated with sub departments (pad mount, MC/ME, PDC).
- Coordinating time lines and schedule with Sales and PM teams.
- Assign tasks accurately and within the timeframe allowed and based on the back log, job tracker and the PM meetings.
- Develop and Implement design standards.
- Ensure all design standards are adhered to.
Required Skill and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years supervising team members
- Solid Works Mechanical design skills
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of mechanical engineering drawing and models and guidelines and standards including GD&T.
- Excellent time management skills
- Solid problem-solving skills.
- Possess a strong attention to detail.
Desired Qualities and Attributes
- Solid Works EPDM administration skills
- MRP & ERP experience and skills.
- Develop and Implement design standards based on best practices (DFMA) and economic targets.
- Willingness to learn electro-mechanical switchgear.
- Be flexible with working hours to allow for occasional overtime if the job schedule requires it.
- Must be self-motivated and flexible to work well under tight schedules in a fast-paced team environment.
- Ensure that the customer expectations are met and or exceeded on each job that is released.
- Proficient using Solid Works and EPDM.
- Properly train team members on using the design tools (software).
- Communicate with project management on jobs and projects.
- Provide technical direction for prototype builds, structural engineering and initial builds as required.
- Analyze and respond to issues from both customers and assembly floor.
- Strong computer and IT skills.
- Solid database application knowledge.
- Solid knowledge of drafting including ANSI Y14
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering