Join the Eclaro Team! Eclaro is looking for aMechanical Plannerfor our client in Geismar, LA. This is a contract position located at our client's site.
Eclaro's client is a leading component manufacturer with a portfolio of oil and gas, chemicals, plastics, performance products, agricultural products and fine chemicals. Their customer base includes many diverse industries and markets, including pharmaceutical, aerospace, textile, construction and automotive industries. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Responsible for managing unplanned work and developing job plans in order to drive work execution efficiency and asset availability
- This includes generating work steps with labor, material, equipment and services, estimating labor and material costs; creating job packets for field execution and continually improving job plans via updates based upon feedback from the Execution Teams
- Review the backlog and planning list
- Clarify incomplete or unclear work notifications
- Group work orders and/or notifications together that can be planned and completed as a single order
- Utilize the proper SAP status codes including work order start and finish dates to allow proper scheduling of the work order
- Determine the appropriate degree of planning
- Create job plans for the effective execution of work by providing job scopes, job step sequence, labor and material requirements, skill requirements, specifying the necessary tools and equipment, external resources, and determining work order costs
- Identify permitting requirements and special isolation needs
- Create purchase requisitions and reservations for necessary materials, equipment or services and orders material
- Continually improve the job plans by collaborating with Maintenance Supervisors and Engineers to:
- Maintain a spare parts inventory
- Build & Maintain Bill of Materials for area equipment
- Continually update task lists to ensure: necessary changes or improvements are incorporated, and efficiencies are captured per job feedback
- Obtaining and analyzing feedback from the work crew through the job feedback process
- Updating the task list and job plan libraries
- Review work scopes for changes which would result in triggering a Management of Change (MoC)
- Create Job Packets as needed by providing spec sheets, vendor manuals, P&IDs, pictures, isolation plans, job plan/feedback form, etc.
- Assist in emergency or critical priority jobs by expediting materials and coordinating other crafts/resources and fulfilling any other activities (non-standard) assigned by the supervisor
- Participate and coordinate with turnaround group on scheduled jobs and external resource needs
- Fill in for Maintenance Supervisor as necessary
- Minimum 8+ years of experience in a chemical/petrochemical or other similar manufacturing environment
- Hands on knowledge and experience with various types of Mechanical systems and equipment, and crafts, along with an understanding of maintenance work processes. Possess an understanding of maintenance scheduling
- Ability to procure and expedite materials and resources
- Deal effectively with the unknown and unexpected and possess the ability to handle non-routine and emergency activities, such as schedule breakers, plant shutdowns, start-up, etc.
- Keen attention to detail and a high degree of quality orientation
- Must demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical Thinking
- Quality Orientation & Attention to Detail
- Business & Financial Acumen
- Team working
- Work Management
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills
- Entrepreneurial Actions
- Customer Focus
- Strategic Thinking
- Striving for Achievement
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
Interested in applying? Contact Pamela Saba at PamS@eclaro.com now.
Equal Opportunity Employer:Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.