RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client in Fort Worth, Texas (TX), seeking a Mechanical QA/QC Inspector. This is a contract to hire opportunity.
The Mechanical QA/QC Inspector will be responsible for inspection of machined parts for the client's operations within the shop, quality control, and engineering departments. The Mechanical QA/QC Inspector will then issue the inspection report and supporting quality notice and/or reports if applicable. This will include identify non-conformities, Quality Notices, Failure Analysis Reports, Corrective Action Reports. Reporting to the Quality Control Department, the Mechanical QA/QC Inspector must be passionate about quality assurance of all duties performed.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs scheduled mechanical inspections in accordance with manufacturer's and Measure While Drilling (MWD) recommended and mandatory instructions
- Reads, interprets, writes, and complies with technical data including Service Instructions, Bulletins and other applicable documents as directed by the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) or MWD Instructions
- Complete the necessary paperwork to support inspection report, to include, but not limited to quality notices, failure analysis reports, and corrective action reports
- Confers with vendors and others regarding inspection results, recommends corrective procedures, and compiles reports of results, recommendations, and needed repairs
- Operate devices to comply with test requirements and to perform data acquisition and analysis using testing equipment including but not limited to micrometers, calipers, etc.
- Cleans and maintains test equipment and instruments to ensure proper functioning
- Work any assigned shift or schedule, including support outside normal business hours
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Associate's degrees or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of experience working in as a mechanical inspector of machined parts
- Experience with GDT and NDT
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology; This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models
- Excellent interpersonal communication and listening skills
- Ability to use scientific rules and methods to solve problems
- Strong skills within Microsoft Office suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, OneNote
- Knowledge of API and client industry standards
- CMI, CQI, and ASQ certification preferred
- Ability to work independently while adhering to expected deadline schedules
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.