The Voice Clinic of Indiana is the only center in the state dedicated to patients with voice, swallowing & airway disorders.
We are currently looking for a Full-Time medical assistant to work at our Carmel location, as well as float at our south side location.
The medical assistant will perform an assortment of duties. They will act as a patient coordinator by providing a means of communication between patients, doctors and other health care providers within the office.
* Verifies patient information by interviewing patient; recording medical history; confirming purpose of visit & entering information into EHR system
* Prepares patients for examination by performing preliminary physical tests; taking blood pressure, weight, and temperature; reporting patient history summary & entering information into EHR system & reporting information back to physician
*Send prescription refills over to pharmacy
*Responds back to pateint messages via phone & enters information into EHR system
* Helping with office procedures
*Sterile processing of medical equipment/devices
* Secures patient information and maintains patient confidence by completing and safeguarding medical records; completing diagnostic coding and procedure coding; keeping patient information confidential.
* Makes/sends referrals & orders testing (Labs, EKG's, Imaging..etc)
*Insurance pre-certifications for surgeires & medications
* Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing and following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
* Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders
* Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
* Serves and protects the ophthalmogy practice by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements.
Supply Management, Verbal Communication, Infection Control, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Organization, Scheduling, Professionalism, Customer Focus, Confidentiality, Bedside Manner, Medical Teamwork & Flexibility