Clinical/Administrative Assistant (combined duties)
Strong administrative/clinical support candidate needed for a fast paced Podiatry/Foot Surgery practice in Chestnut Hill and Newton, MA.
A convenient 5 minute walk from the D-branch of the Green Line for both locations.
40 hours per week - Monday - Friday. Hours may vary slightly.
Candidate must have exceptional multi-tasking customer service skills and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
Strong computer skills are required.
Knowledge of Athena billing platform a plus, but not required.
MUST be flexible to work at both office locations (as needed).
MUST be able to lift 20 lbs.
Experience in a medical office setting would be strongly preferred, but we will train the RIGHT person.
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
Duties include, but limited to:
* Welcomes patients and visitors, providing check-in support for the medical team. Verifies and obtains demographic and insurance information from patients at check-in. Answers or refers all inquires. Prepares all necessary paperwork for patient's visit.
* Optimizes patients' satisfaction, provider time, and treatment room utilization by scheduling appointments in person and over the telephone.
* Keeps patient appointments on schedule by notifying provider of patient's arrival; reviewing service delivery compared to schedule; notifies provider and patients of any delays.
* Comforts patients by anticipating patients' anxieties; answering patients' questions; maintains a clean and organized reception area at all times.
* Ensures availability of treatment information by filing and retrieving patient records.
* Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information.
* Obtains revenue by recording and updating financial information; recording and collecting patient charges; controlling credit extended to patients; filing, collecting, and expediting third-party claims.
*Checks patients in and out, rooms patients, assists with dispensing of durable medical equipment and over-the-counter products.
*Provides x-ray and orthotics scanning support for poditatrists.
* Provides turn-over and cleaning of exam rooms for physicians between patient appointments and regular stocking of exam room supplies.
* Protects patients' rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information.
* Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Multi-tasking, Flexibility, Telephone Skills, Customer Service, Time Management, Organization, Attention to Detail, Scheduling, Word Processing, Professionalism, Quality Focus