Position SummaryArizona Oncology Associates is looking for a Medical Assistant Lead. Great opportunity to join a team that focuses on patient care. Located in Sunny Arizona, you will have the ability to enjoy small town living with big city amenities on top of a rewarding work/life balance.
The ideal candidate will have the following background and experience:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Certificate of graduation from an accredited program for Medical Assistants strongly preferred.
- Minimum five years’ experience as a medical assistant or nursing assistant in a hospital or clinic setting.
- Phlebotomy experience preferred.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Certified Medical Assistant strongly preferred.
- Position is considering all levels of experience
- Assists the Supervisor / Manager of Medical Assistants and/or Nursing to coordinate the exam area and facilitate smooth and efficient patient flow. Assists in the coordination of daily room assignments and scheduling of Medical Assistants to assist physicians. Under direct supervision, assists physicians and clinicians with patient care duties in a clinical environment. Promotes efficient patient flow and patient care, i.e. exams, and procedures. Performs clinic support tasks including miscellaneous clerical tasks, answering phones, and maintaining physician’s schedule. Supports and adheres to the US Oncology Compliance Program, to include the Code of Ethics and Business Standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in supervision of Medical Assistants and other non-licensed patient care providers
- Coordinates daily room assignments for Medical Assistants
- Orients and trains new Medical Assistants and provides input into MA performance appraisals.
- Answers incoming patient telephone calls for referral to nurse, pharmacist or physician. Phones in prescriptions and makes other patient calls as directed.
- Escorts patients to and from exam rooms, physician offices, and treatment room as appropriate.
- Records patient data prior to each physician visit, including but not limited to, vital signs, height, weight, allergies, and medication changes.
- Obtains all necessary patient records as required by physician and verifies presence of consent prior to treatment or procedures.
- Prepares and stocks exam/treatment rooms and orders supplies as needed.
- Assists physicians with exams and procedures as requested.
- Assists with delegated patient education including but not limited to distributing education literature, etc.
- Files all labs and outside reports accurately and as needed. Obtains blood specimens from peripheral sites as needed and in accordance with OSHA and universal precautions.
- Administers subcutaneous and intramuscular injections, including but not limited to, hormones and biological growth factors.
- Maintains all exam/treatment room disinfection protocols.
- Processes instruments and equipment as needed.
- Answers patient telephone calls for referral to physician or nurse/pharmacist.
- Phones in prescriptions and makes other patient calls as directed by physicians and RN.
- Schedules patient tests, procedures and hospital admissions and schedules appointments to follow-up on receipt of test results, as applicable.
- Assists with select pre-authorizations and pre-certifications as needed. Informs physician of patient reschedules and no shows.
- Obtains new patient records and previous test results, x-rays, scans, etc.
- Performs other administrative duties, i.e. typing, filing faxing reception, etc, as requested by supervisor or physician.
- Maintains patient files and records as appropriate.
- Maintains indigent drug program and sample drug program as assigned.
As the largest cancer practice in Arizona, we are proud to provide advanced and compassionate Medical Oncology, Radiation Oncology, Gynecologic Oncology and Hematologic services. Our physicians and staff incorporate a multidisciplinary, personalized approach to treatment to enhance the patient experience by providing complete care in convenient, community-based locations.
We are proud to provide patients with access to the latest treatments, state-of-the-art technology, and an extensive research program. We believe it is beneficial to patients’ that these therapies are provided in a community setting, because it allows you to remain close to home and to your support system.
Arizona Oncology physicians are supported by talented clinical staff that are sensitive to the needs of cancer patients and their caregivers.
United in Healing with The US Oncology Network
Arizona Oncology is united in healing with The US Oncology Network, one of the nation’s largest community-based cancer treatment and research networks focused on advancing cancer care in America. As an affiliate of The US Oncology Network, Arizona Oncology is united with more than 1,000 physicians and 10,000 cancer professionals nationwide.
Ready For Your Next Career Challenge? We’d Love to Hear from You!
If you possess the above qualifications and a desire to make a difference, we invite you to submit your resume and apply. In addition to a great career opportunity, we offer excellent benefits, a team environment, professional development, and the chance to be part of a nationwide network dedicated to fight the war against cancer.
The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.