Medical Assistant performs a combination of Administrative and Clinical Duties.
Role and Responsibilities
* Timely rooming of patients, obtaining and recording patient medical histories, vitals, test results and other info for medical records while maintaining strict confidentiality.
* Maintain all documentation logs and required checks i.e. refrigerator temperatures, expired medications, etc.
* Keep exam rooms stocked with adequate medical supplies, maintain instruments, prepared sterilization as required
*Presentation of patients to providers
* Assist physician with surgery, excisions and biopsies
* Assist with cosmetic and laser procedures
* Provide directives to patients as instructed by provider
* Ensure patient prescriptions are processed
* Triage and process messages from patients and Front Office Staff to provider
* Provide detailed and precise patient documentation to ensure patient safety and accurate billing
* Ensure compliance with all healthcare regulations, including HIPAA and OSHA
* Perform other duties as assigned by management
Qualifications and Education Requirements
High School Diploma; Medical Assistant Certification or Certified Dermatology Technician preferred
Excellent Customer Service, Communication and Organizational Skills
Must have proven work experience in medical setting