Preferred Primary Care Physicians is currently recruiting for a full-time Medical Assistant for a practice located in the Pleasant Hills area. Prior physician office experience preferred. Phlebotomy a must. Ideal candidates will be experienced with computers and have the ability to multi-task in a fast paced working environment. Preferred candidates will be knowledgeable in front & back office procedures. Excellent benefits package including 401(k) with match. EOE m/f/d/v
General Purpose of the Position: Responsible for assisting physicians/nurses with patient care, clerical, environmental and organizational tasks. May assist with appointment scheduling and chart management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
· Escorts patient to and from exam or treatment rooms as appropriate. Records all patient data prior to the physician/nurse seeing the patient: vital signs, height and weight, allergies, medications, chief complaint, reason for visit.
· Administers subcutaneous and intramuscular injections as directed by the physician.
· Answers and returns telephone calls as directed. Is responsible for calling pharmacies for prescriptions or may answer patient telephone calls for referrals. May handle other patient telephone calls as directed by the physician or nurse.
· Obtains all necessary patient records, lab data, diagnostics, consults, etc. as required by the physician for assessment of the patient's medical status.
· Obtains blood specimens from peripheral sites as needed in accordance with OSHA and Universal precautions.
· Assists with exams and procedures as requested.
· Assists with scheduling tests, procedures or appointments to follow-up on test results.
· Prepares, maintains and stocks exam/ treatment rooms, orders supplies as needed.
· Obtains new patient information and any test results.
· Assists with administrative duties such as typing, faxing, reception, etc.
· Processes instruments and equipment as needed.
· Informs Physician of Patient Reschedules or no shows.
· Assists with delegated patient education activities including but not limited to distributing educational literature, etc.
· Maintains strictest confidentiality.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Graduate from an accredited school of medical assistant.
Licensing/Registration/Certification: Certified Medical Assistant
Minimum six (6) months of medical assistant experience in a medical practice setting.
· Knowledge of health care field. Knowledge of information that must be conveyed to patient and families. Knowledge of examination, diagnostic, and treatment room procedures. Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to maintain a safe work environment. Skill in taking vital signs. Skill in performing assistance tasks appropriately. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, co-workers, medical staff and the public. Ability to react calmly in emergency situations. Ability to communicate clearly and to read and understand and respond to detailed written and oral instructions.
· An individual without requirements stated above may present a written justification explaining the relevance of his/her background for a specific vacant position. Depending on organizational needs and availability of more qualified applicants, an applicant may have some or all requirements revised or waived at the discretion of the Preferred Primary Care Physicians.