1. Arrives on time and sets up exam/procedure/cosmetic rooms, prepares solutions, empties sterilized packs from autoclave and distributes instruments to proper rooms.
2. Shows patients to exam rooms; obtains and documents on EMR accurate patient history including skin history and general medical history, current medications, and identifies purpose of patients visit that day
3. Turns over patient rooms by removing sharps, cleaning and setting up for the next patient.
4. Label specimen containers properly, takes photos of biopsy/surgical sites, prepares and sends specimens to lab based on patient's insurance, carries out wound care and educates patients on wound care instructions/informs patients to expect bx results between 7-10 business days
5. Aids in cleaning/sterilizing instruments, checking expiration dates of supplies and medications; discards trash and biohazard containers/bags
6. Maintains clean, fully stocked, organized and up to date rooms upon arrival and prior to leaving work.
7. Prepares Rx per provider instructions and sends to specified pharmacy; accurately documents on EMR results of today's visit including ICD10 dx's, CPT codes/charges, plan/tx, medications given/pharmacy information, bloodwork req if needed and follow up visit.
8. Performs triage- i.e. Rx refills, prior authorizations, post op calls, Rx side effects, prepping for next day procedures/appointments
9. Provides patients with post op instructions, teaching and education on skin care, wound care and prescription information
10. Sends in prescriptions to pharmacies as directed by the physician
11. Uses appropriate software to record medical records for use in treatment, patient and insurance billing
12. Assist providers during exams visits, cosmetic procedures, minor surgical procedures, (including maintaining a sterile environment, apply/administer local anesthesia) by:
-removing sutures/staples, bandaging changes, performing PDT per authorization
- inputting, finalizing and annotating biopsies and treatments in path log
13. Assists in administering filler and neurotoxins
14. Assists in dot laser and fractional in cosmetic treatment
15. Works in a team environment, maintaining professional relationships with patients, providers, supervisors and administrators
16. Adheres to the Water’s Edge Mission Statement, Credo and Service Goals and Values.