RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client seeking a Medical Biller 2 in Mesa, Arizona (AZ). This candidate is going to be working on the Re-Verification Team. They are responsible for handling re-verification of insurance.
- High School diploma/GED
- 2-4 years of experience
- Knowledge of insurance guidelines, including HMO/PPO, Medicare, and state Medicaid and other payer requirements and systems
- Use of computer systems and software
- Customer service skills for interacting with patients regarding medical claims and payments, including communicating with patients and family members of diverse ages and backgrounds
- Able to work in a team environment
- Problem-solving skills to research and resolve discrepancies, denials, appeals, collections
- Knowledge of medical terminology likely to be encountered in medical claims
- Verification background and ability to work under a live work list
- Ideally have experience working in a specialty area- cancer center, pain management, etc.
- Candidate must be able to understand the full scope of the business and how the verification process works
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.