Seeking Nurses for Medical Case Management
CorVel is seeking Registered Nurses to fill Case Management positions in the Greater Everett /
Seattle area. The Medical Case Manager coordinates resources and creates flexible, cost-effective options for ill or injured individuals to facilitate quality treatment goals, including timely return to work if appropriate.
CorVel is a managed care company providing field and telephonic case management services to carriers and self-insured employers in the greater Everett / Seattle area and beyond. The position offers a comprehensive benefit package, including medical, dental, vision, 401k and a bonus program. In addition, Case Managers are issued state of the art devices, including an iPhone and lightweight laptop, to ensure ready access to CorVel's proprietary Case Management application, enabling staff to retrieve documents on the go and log activities as they occur.
Seeking a self-starter with superior written and verbal communication skills, technical acumen, and strong time management techniques. You possess a minimum of 3 years' clinical experience. Preference given to nurses with a bachelors' degree and CCM certification. Demonstrated competency in healthcare management through acquired knowledge, skills, and values. This position requires a clear DMV report, reliable vehicle and a valid driver's license. EOE.
- Provides medical case management to individuals founded on evidence-based practice through coordination with the patient, physician, other health care providers, the employer, and the referral source.
- Follows Standards of Practice to properly assess each case to ensure appropriate medical care is delivered timely.
- Aligns with community resources and partners with referral source and provider; is a steward for health care costs and social responsibility, and is an active participant in reducing the cost of care and duplication of services.
- Assesses individual patient needs through home visits, attending medical appointments and performing medication reconciliations. Engages the patient to improve his/her experience.
- Evaluates patient's treatment plan for appropriateness, medical necessity, and cost effectiveness. Seeks to improve the process and outcomes in measurable ways.
- Implements care such as negotiating and coordinating the delivery of durable medical equipment and nursing services.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at CorVel will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Except where required or permitted by law, employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, handicap or disability, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Please be aware that CorVel generally does not review all applications submitted in response to job openings posted on the Internet because of the large volume of responses.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward agency resumes. CorVel Corporation is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.