CSI Health is actively seeking a Medical Collections Specialist for our client located in the Monroeville, PA area.
The CSI Companies understands that an attractive benefits package is important for recruiting above-average candidates. While on contract, we offer a benefits package that includes weekly pay, direct deposit, multiple healthcare plans (Vision, Dental, Disability options, Holiday Pay, & Paid Time Off) if eligible.
We are looking for someone who is available to work the following hours:
- Monday-Friday: 8AM-4:30PM
Our client's Specialty Pharmacy, a mail service pharmacy in the Monroeville area, has an opportunity available for a full time billing/insurance follow up representative.
- The primary responsibilities of a Medical Collections Specialist are to ensure timely and accurate account payment for outstanding balances while demonstrating excellent customer service to patients, healthcare professionals and insurance carriers.
- Responsible for all third party follow-up associated with the dispensing of prescription medication; maintain supporting chronological notes that detail action taken to resolve outstanding account balances.
- Maintains patient demographic information and data collection systems. Work all billing/collection reports, queues, or diversions according to payer and company policy guidelines.
- Researches and responds by telephone, via the Internet and in writing to insurance companies and governmental payers regarding billing issues and problems.
- Follows up on submitted claims; monitors unpaid claims, initiates appeals and resubmits claims as necessary.
- Easily identifies payor trends, prepares projects for escalations and all other duties as assigned to ensure timely and accurate reimbursement.
- Transmit or submit claims (paper, electronic) to insurance payers for reimbursement
- Resolve insurance problems and patient issues that may have resulted from incorrect or incomplete information, therapy changes and pharmacy or shipping errors
- Provide detailed follow up with patients and payers in the form of, but not limited to phone calls, fax transmittals and e-mails
- Contact patients and Physician’s offices as needed in order to expedite claims processing
- Obtain accurate demographic, insurance and financial information from patients to ensure all account information is accurate
- Located in the Monroeville Facility, this opportunity also provides free parking
- 1 + years’ experience performing health care reimbursement, medical billing or insurance collections
- 1+ years’ experience in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Outlook and Word
- Verifiable high school diploma or equivalent
- 1+ years of experience with collections associated with Medical billing or collections in health care
- Customer Service in a health care environment and with healthcare reimbursement
- Ability to communicate with clientele in a professional manner; both written and verbal
- Proven effective customer service skills and experience that shows ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to navigate through multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize based on importance while displaying strong attention to detail