We have an exciting opportunity for you to join a growing team at our Orlando facility as an Accounts Receivable Specialist! You will sit on a dynamic team that supports our Infusion Services patients. This role is in an ever changing, energizing environment that provides you with the opportunity for learning new skills and continuing to grow your career.
To Apply: Please Email Updated Resume to Megan at MALTHOFF@APEXSYSTEMS.COM
This is a medical back end position handling complicated medical billing collections.
In this role, you will support our Accounts Receivable (A/R) Department with various A/R functions for Specialty Infusion. You will handle the completion of Patient Financial Services (PFS) tasks, including patient and payer follow up as needed. The PFS tasks you will complete include billing and/or accounts receivable follow-up while maintaining quality and productivity requirements. You will build and submit accurate and timely claims to payers, as well as research and analyze unpaid claims. You will be assisting in the resolution of denials, partial payments, and payment variances.
In the Accounts Receivable role you will:
- Maintain and release all-ship-verified claims for all third party claim accounts within established time frame as assigned Resolve errors and make claim edits assigned in work queues
- Follow work list prioritization of accounts for resolving accounts and/or submitting claims
- Contact payers and patients when necessary for PFS processes
- Request relevant information from appropriate Revenue Cycle and clinical departments as required through the course of the PFS processes
- Make necessary adjustments to patient demographic, insurance, and account balance information
- Complete A/R adjustments and request other adjustments where permitted and appropriate
- Adhere to all regulatory compliance areas, policies and procedures (including HIPAA and PCI compliance requirements), and 'leading practices'
- A minimum of 2 years related work experience required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Strong data entry (Excel/Access) and typing skills required
- Must have an understanding of Accounts Receivable
- Must be able to work independently as well as the able to work as part of a team
- Knowledge of Medicare Part D beneficial, but not required
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178