Sarasota Memorial Health Care System, an 839-bed regional medical center, is among the largest acute care public health systems in Florida. With more than 6,000 employees, 1,000 physicians and 750 volunteers, it is Sarasota Countys largest employer. A not-for-profit community hospital founded in 1925, we are a full-service health system with specialized expertise in heart, vascular, cancer, and neuroscience services, as well as a network of outpatient centers, long-term care and rehabilitation among its many programs. The hospital has been awarded Magnet Nursing designation four times - the nation's highest honor for excellence in nursing.
Sarasota Memorial is a CMS 5-Star rated hospital in Florida for its overall quality. It is the only hospital in Florida and one of just 52 across the nation to maintain their top rating since 2016.
Sarasota has been identified as one of the best places in the country to live, work and raise a family due to a healthy business scene and thriving recreational and cultural opportunities. Located on Floridas Southwest Gulf Coast, Sarasota County is famous worldwide for white-sand beaches, great restaurants, outdoor recreation, land and water sports, museums, theater and much more.
A new Cancer Institute will open in October 2021 with a 170,000 sq ft building to include 56 private suites for hospitalized cancer patients, nine (9) operating rooms with a dedicated robotic surgery suite and integrative care services offering patient navigation and family/caregiver support. A Radiation Oncology Center with two linear accelerators opened in September 2020. An Outpatient Cancer Pavilion will be built on the campus of the hospital in the third phase.
First Physicians Group of Sarasota Memorial Health Care System is a successful, multi-specialty group with a 26-year history in the Sarasota community. We are seeking to employ a Thoracic Oncologic Surgeon for a Medical Director position. Prior leadership experience is required.
Highlights of the Opportunity
- Position includes general Thoracic & Oncologic Surgery.
- Dedicated block time in surgery for robotic cases.
- Physician will champion lung cancer clinical pathways evaluation and will participate in world-class program development, including identifying and tracking key quality indicators.
- Oversee, coordinate and participate in System's pulmonary tumor board. Work collaboratively with oncology leadership in the development of the Sarasota Memorial Institute for Cancer Care.
- Participate in standards to achieve accreditation and certifications as determined by oncology leadership.
- Demonstrate teamwork, facilitation, planning, and communication skills.
- MD or DO from an accredited school of medicine
- Completion of a Thoracic Surgery Fellowship Program
- Board Certified and a minimum of five (5) years of experience required
- Active Florida medical license
- Navigational Bronchoscopy experience preferred
- Four daVinci robots - Xi technology with integrated tables
- Monarch Robotic Bronchoscopy (top 5 in the country in enrollment)
- 34 ORs on the Main Campus and in an outpatient surgery center
- 9 ORs in the new Cancer Institute with 2 Xi Robots
- Dedicated APPs for the thoracic department
- Full data collection and participation in STS registry
- Competitive salary with productivity, quality incentives and a full array of benefits - Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability, 403B Retirement Plan, CME, PTO, and much more.
- Relocation allowance is provided.
- As an employee of a public, State of Florida organization, physicians are entitled to sovereign immunity.
Please contact Joelle Hennesey at 941-685-4231 or Joelle-Hennesey@smh.com to learn more about this opportunity.