Job Title: Medical Imaging Software Engineer - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: San Jose, CA
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
“US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.”
- The Senior Software Engineer - Imaging will be responsible for software engineering activities related to the Imaging Software subsystem of the ultrasound system.
- In this role, this person will perform requirement analysis, design and implementation of the imaging software.
- The person will also be responsible for design documentation, unit testing and debugging of the Imaging software in accordance to design control processes.
- BSCS, BSCE, BSEE, or equivalent required (MS desired)
- 5-10 years industry experience
- Programming expertise in C/C++
- Knowledge of Digital Signal Processing/Image Processing/Video Processing
- Working experience with embedded DSP software including Texas Instrument’s DSP and ARM processors
- Multi-core System Software development experience
- Demonstrated skill in object-oriented software development
- Experience with embedded software design, software-hardware interaction with real-time operating systems, multi-threading, and event-driven architectures
- Familiarity with designing system software emphasizing data transfer, memory management, and algorithm optimization techniques for high performance applications
- Experience with GPU architecture and GPU programming (CUDA, OpenGL or OpenCL) is highly desired.
- Embedded Linux development experience
- Perform imaging software requirements analysis and development of associated software requirements specifications
- Update design documentation and hold associated software design reviews
- Develop object-oriented software for imaging acquisition, signal processing algorithms and pipeline control using C++ and software engineering best practices
- Unit test and debug software on both the system simulator and target ultrasound system hardware along with generating the associated documentation
Skills and Abilities:
- Individual must be motivated to work independently as well as with teams.
- Team-oriented and goal-oriented mindset
- He or she must be able to manage multiple tasks and prioritize appropriately.
- Must be detail oriented with good written, verbal and organizational skills.
- PC skills including use of Windows and Linux Operating systems and MS office applications are required.
- experience in Medical Device Development / Ultrasound / XRay / Imaging experience