POSITION: Medical Interpreter I (Mandarin and Cantonese)
STATUS:Non-exempt; full time
REPORTS TO:Clinic Manager
DEPARTMENT: Clinic Operations
LOCATION: El Monte/Rosemead Health Center (9960 Baldwin Place, El Monte, CA 91731)
- High school diploma and 1 year minimum of substantial volunteer or working experience in the targeted community.
- 1 year interpretation/translation experience.
- Ability to speak read and writes fluently in English and targeted language.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, Accident Insurance, etc.
- Commuter Discount (Metro, Metrolink)
- Commuter and Ride Share
- Discounted Tickets
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide intake and assist with financial screening and Health History intake for limited English proficient patients.
- Provide interpretation at various points of patient interaction to support clinic operations such as scheduled patient visits with providers and patients.
- Call patients 2 days before their appointment to remind them of their appointment.
- Provide either interpretation or instruction at classes for patients on various health topics.
- Contact patients in a timely manner in response to voicemails left by patients .
- Contact and follow up with patients who no-showed for their medical appointment(s) in accordance with the “No Show Follow Up” procedure. Document such patient contact in EPM or EHR.
- Forward patient’s concern and feedback to appropriate personal within APHCV for resolution and optimization of clinic efficiency.
- Work with clinic operation and medical staff to facilitate efficient patient flow.
- Participate in data collection and verify advanced access data as a special project as well as regular day to day activity.
- Assist with data collection for clinic performance measures.
- Call patients with abnormal lab results. Document such calls made in medical chart according to procedure.
- Document encounters on the interpreter tracking system.
- Very and schedule future appointments when necessary.
- Submit quality of care and productivity reports to Supervisor, if any.
- Translate clinic documents, outreach materials and health education materials in timely manner.
- Perform back translation to evaluate the accuracy of the translation.
- Type set or coordinates with other staff to type set the translated material.
- Maintains professional and excellent customer service demeanor at all times with patients, caregivers, and other staff.
- Works as a team player and be willing to assist co-workers in other duties within his/her capabilities, to aid the clinic team in providing good efficient patient care.
- Facilitates patient flow by working effectively and efficiently.
- Maintains open communication with other clinic staff.
- Be available to work on Saturdays as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Proficient in PC/MAC with working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with Intranet and Internet.
- Computer literacy in English and targeted language.
- Basic knowledge of health in general.
- Knowledge of targeted communities.
- Strong communication skills.
- Regular predictable attendance during clinic hours.
- Ability to work efficiently, accurately, and with minimum supervision.
- Ability to follow directions and follow up on recommendations from supervisor.
- Ability to work with people of diverse cultural, educational, socio-economic, and linguistic backgrounds.
- Knowledge of health care system in U.S.
- Knowledge of health promotion and education.
- Working experience in medical field, case management, and customer service.
- Ability to teach or instruct others.
- Interest in community health.
- Detail oriented.
- Skilled in time management with multiple priorities.
HR PROCEDURAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Legal authorization to work in the United States.
- A valid California Driver’s license with clean records and access to insured automobile.
- Completion of APHCV Health Assessment Form.
- Completion of DOJ background check.
APHCV expects all Clinic Operations (CO) Staff to be a part of the revenue cycle process that contributes to the optimization of capturing, management and collection of patient service revenue.
As APHCV is in the business to serve patients APHCV is committed to the provision of patient centric care at all level, from the CO Telephone Operator, Front Office and Medical Interpreters (and beyond).This position helps facilitate successful delivery of services to linguistically diverse patient consumers by providing interpretation for medical services and non medical services such as enrollment and other benefit programs.
APHCV expects all employees to respond and participate to emergency situation per emergency policies and procedures and follow APHCV policies and procedures.