Job Purpose: Helps patients by providing information, services, and assistance.
* Verifies patient information by interviewing patient; recording medical history; confirming purpose of visit.
* Prepares patients for examination by performing preliminary physical tests; taking vitals; reporting patient history summary.
* Saves physician time by helping with office procedures
* Secures patient information and maintains patient confidence by completing and safeguarding medical records; completing diagnostic coding and procedure coding; keeping patient information confidential.
* Counsels patients by transmitting physician's orders and questions about surgery.
* Schedules surgeries by making arrangements with the surgical center; verifying times with patients; preparing charts, pre-admission and consent forms.
* Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing and following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
* Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
* Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining CEU’s
* Serves and protects the medical practice by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements.
* Enhances practice reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Supply Management, Verbal Communication, Infection Control, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Organization, Scheduling, Professionalism, Customer Focus, Confidentiality, Bedside Manner, Medical Teamwork
Salary: Dependent on experience
Career Level Required: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Experience Required: 2+ to 5 Years
Education Required: Certification
Job Type: Employee
Job Status: Part Time transitioning to Full Time