Position SummaryMedical Scheduler - Diagnostic Imaging
Compass Oncology – the largest privately owned, multi-practice cancer center in the Pacific Northwest – is looking for a Medical Scheduler for the Diagnostic at the Rose Quarter Clinic. PET, or Positron Emission Tomography, is one of the many services offered at our cancer center located in the heart of Portland near the Moda Center. This person will assist in the clerical management and scheduling of the PET department, which is an important aspect to the diagnosis and evaluation of our patients. While the position asks for 3-5 years of medical scheduling and/or medical office maintenance, a person who has the additional skill of diagnostic scheduling expertise will find the most success with this role. If you are ready for the challenge, and have a heart for service, we want to hear from you!
Employment Type: Full-Time, 40 hr/week
Benefits: M/D/V, Life Ins., 401(k)
Location: Portland, OR – Rose Quarter Clinic
Under general supervision, performs all clerical, secretarial and data management functions of the PET department. Assists with all duties in regards to authorization, reimbursement and maintains relationships with other specialty providers involved in patient care. Initiates and/or maintains accurate logs of all patients referred for scans. Supports and adheres to the US Oncology Compliance Program, to include the Code of Ethics and Business Standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Obtains authorization from insurance carrier for all required/special services.
- Works with PET Technologist, referring physicians, and sites to ensure that information is received on a timely basis.
- Gathers and verifies all specialty billings. Maintains expense logs up to date for each case. Monitors accounts closely for correct billing and proper account setup for start and stop dates for case rate, including account follow up on all unpaid and incorrect paid claims.
- Monitors and updates changes made by insurance carriers to ensure correct billing and timely payments.
- Works collaboratively with finance, administration, and program staff to refine billing tracking and collections systems.
- Maintains patient data files for easy retrieval and review. Prepares weekly patient tracking forms and submits electronically; distributes appropriately.
- Provides initial triage of incoming phone calls to the PET program.
- Accurate ordering of radiopharmaceuticals
- Assists with Diagnostic Radiation Scheduling
- Assisting with answering and triaging all incoming calls
Experience and Education:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s preferred
- Minimum three to five (3-5) years in one or more of the following areas:
- Medical Office Scheduling
- Diagnostic Scheduling
- Medical transcription
- Medical assistance
Compass Oncology team brings together leading cancer experts in the fields of surgical, medical and radiation oncology, pathology and palliative care to provide the most comprehensive cancer care possible and an even more cohesive patient experience. In addition, the majority of our physicians specialize in particular cancer types, bringing a heightened level of expertise to our patients. If you are a dedicated, team-oriented, patient-centered individual looking for an opportunity where you are proud of what you do, work hard, have fun, want to learn and go home at the end of the day knowing you made a difference in the lives of our patients; Compass Oncology is the place for you!
As a member of The US Oncology Network, one of the nation's largest community-based cancer treatment and research networks, Compass Oncology participates in leading-edge clinical trials through US Oncology research, which has helped develop 69 FDA approved cancer therapies. We serve the Portland and Vancouver communities with six clinical offices located throughout the metro area.
To learn more about Compass Oncology and its daily mission, please visit our website at www.CompassOncology.com
The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.