Voca Health has an opportunity for a Medical Practice Secretary with our client in Phoenix. Interested candidates will reach out to Jon Burckhardt at JBurckhardt@myvoca.comHelp, direct line 480-751.1001.
- Functions as an ambassador of the practice by serving as a liaison to patients, internal and external referring physicians, and all allied health staff who interact with the department/division.
- Provides superior customer service through the handling of a high volume of telephone calls.
- Must possess a good understanding of the unique characteristics and operations of the department/division in order to proficiently support the practice.
- Principal functions include facilitating patient access, appropriately responding to patient inquiries, and accommodating referring physician requests.
- Additional duties may include but are not limited to routing patient concerns appropriately, calendar and schedule maintenance and handling physician mail.
Job Specific Details
- Scheduling patients, obtaining patient records and imaging prior to appointments, taking messages through electronic medical records.
- Helping to manage physician travel.
- Schedule M-F 8:00am-5:00pm.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent required.
- Minimum three years of secretarial, back office/front office experience in a physician's office or customer service role required.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with a commitment to customer service required.
- Healthcare experience preferred.
- Completion of a medical terminology course preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong computer experience with advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills. Highly motivated, able to work independently.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work load.
- Experience in healthcare, using EMR, scheduling of patients and managing multiple phone lines
Voca is a relationship organization focused on uniting talented individuals with exceptional companies. At Voca, we strongly believe that a better career results in a happier you, and we are therefore dedicated to help guide people on a career path that fulfills their passion and purpose.