Atlantic Medical Imaging (AMI) is the premier, freestanding outpatient imaging practice in Southern and Central New Jersey. Our 39 board certified radiologists and 450 member staff work hard to make Atlantic Medical Imaging the region’s premier imaging provider of choice.
Atlantic Medical Imaging is a quality-driven medical imaging practice committed to clinical excellence by providing innovative service and compassionate care that exceeds expectations.
Our core values represent the principles that we identify and nurture as an organization – integrity, clinical excellence, compassion, customer focused service and care. The values we exemplify throughout our practice are the foundation of our service philosophy and establish a customer focused relationship with our patients, referring physicians, their staff, as well as our employees.
Integrity – we demonstrate integrity every day by practicing the highest ethical standards and by ensuring that actions follow our words.
Clinical Excellence – we combine diagnostic imaging expertise, the most advanced technology and the best-trained physicians and staff to provide the most accurate and timely results to our referring clinicians.
Compassion – we ensure that every customer is treated with dignity, kindness and respect.
Service & Care – we provide unparalleled service and care that exceed the expectations of our customers – our patients, referring physicians, their staff and our employees.
Interested in joining our team? We are currently seeking a full time Receptionist who has the flexibility to float between our offices in Atlantic and Cape May Counties (Galloway, Egg Harbor Twp., Somers Point, Northfield, Hammonton and Cape May Court House, NJ).
The Receptionist is responsible for but not limited to:
- Greeting patients and visitors promptly upon arrival, courteously, compassionately and professionally;
- Answering incoming telephone calls, makes satisfactory disposition of the calls or transfers to appropriate party;
- Maintaining surveillance of all patients and visitors in the waiting area;
- Scheduling appointments, obtaining necessary information to input computer data;
- Performing clerical functions necessary to process and maintain all records associated with the Practice, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Accepts responsibility and accountability for work assignments ensuring that they are completed efficiently, effectively, accurately and timely as per policy and procedure;
- At all times, maintains focus on the needs of the patient and provides high quality care and service; and
- Performs other duties as required and assigned.
Candidates for this position must have the flexibility to work the day and evening shifts and scheduling necessitates.
The ideal candidate will have a High School Diploma or equivalent. Previous clerical experience with knowledge of computer operations required. Must demonstrate excellent customer service practices; and have the ability to work in a fast paced environment with minimal supervisor. Qualified candidates will also have previous experience in a medical office or hospital.
Interested candidates should send resume and salary requirements to Human Resources at email@example.com. Please refer to Job ID#: HR34-2018 with your response. EOE