Medical Records Nurse
Burlington, WA; Seattle, WA; Tacoma, WA; Lewiston, ID; Salt Lake City, UT; Portland, OR
Bring your experience to a role where you will:
- Use clinical/coding knowledge to review medical records and determines completeness and readiness for audit.
- Support the Clinical Review and Reimbursement Team by preparing audit outcome letters as instructed by auditing staff or vendor partners.
- Prepare Customer Service Task Notes in Facets system related to audit outcomes and routes to the appropriate Claims queue.
- Perform Quality Assurance checks of correspondence and other activities related to medical record requests and accumulation.
- Handle the most complex medical records needs and communicate directly with providers on questions or issues.
Competencies and Knowledge:
- General computer skills (Microsoft Office, Outlook, Internet search).
- Knowledge of Facets system or ability to learn quickly.
- In-depth knowledge of facility medical records and ability to identify record types in order to access completeness and acceptability for audit.
- Familiarity with health care documentation and effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated initiative and strong problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet productivity and quality standards with minimal support.
- Ability to change direction quickly as work needs change.
- Ability to coach, train and support medical records co-workers.
Normally to be proficient in the competencies listed above:
- Medical Records Clinician would be a Registered Nurse and 3 years medical records review or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registration, Etc.
- Must be a Registered Nurse (RN).
Regence employees are part of the larger Cambia family of companies, which seeks to drive innovative health solutions. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Regence is 2.2 million members, here for our families, co-workers and neighbors, helping each other be and stay healthy and provide support in time of need. We've been here for members more than 90 years. Regence is a nonprofit health care company offering individual and group medical, dental, vision and life insurance, Medicare and other government programs as well as pharmacy benefit management. We are the largest health insurer in the Northwest/Intermountain Region, serving members as Regence BlueShield of Idaho, Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon, Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Utah and Regence BlueShield (in Washington). Each plan is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
If you're seeking a career that affects change in the health care system, consider joining our team at Cambia Health Solutions. We advocate for transforming the health care system by making health care more affordable and accessible, increasing consumers' engagement in their health care decisions, and offering a diverse range of products and services that promote the health and well-being of our members. Cambia's portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/zsx66mgbz3nb868d