We are currently seeking an energetic, hardworking, detail-oriented candidate to provide a welcoming, professional, & courteous environment for our patients. The right candidate must be able to work well in a fast-paced team environment & provide exceptional levels of patient care.
- Checking patients in/out for their scheduled appointment.
- Review/Verification of demographic, insurance, workers compensation, no fault, & disability information.
- Oversight of billing procedures & collection of outstanding balances.
- Strong experience following up with insurance companies on appeals and denials
Charge entry and payment posting experience
- Extensive use of our practice management and EHR software – Use of computers is required
- Perform other clerical tasks such as answering phones & using the fax machine
- Professionally greets and welcomes patients and their family/friends
- Registers and schedules appointments for patients in an efficient and timely manner
- Records patient cancellations and missed appointments
- Courteously answers, screens, and directs all incoming calls and connects callers with the correct extension while also relaying messages between patients and clinical staff
- Responds to emergency and urgent calls from patients in a timely manner
- Performs operator functions including triaging calls; connecting and transferring calls; setting up conference calls; instructing users on telephone procedures; and reporting telephone and equipment malfunctions to the appropriate party
- Takes and relays messages in an accurate and timely manner
- Provides a pleasant and helpful phone contact for callers
- Provides general administrative support by filing charts and forms
- Performs clerical duties as assigned to maintain workflow in the department
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have the following background and experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum three years office experience, preferably in a medical setting
- Receptionist and billing experience preferred
- Proficiency with computer systems and Microsoft (Outlook, Office Word, and Excel) required
Successful candidates will thrive in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment and have a passion for caring for their patients.
Send resume to: email@example.com