Under general supervision, the Merchandise Assistant provides operational and administrative support to the buying function . Through this role, the Merchandise Assistant will learn the operational side of the business, develop strong cross-functional partnerships, and begin to gain the assortment planning skills crucial to progression within the buying field
- Manage sample inventory and assist with merchant style outs, including supporting the senior team in sample procurement, review, selection and acting as point person for Marketing, Public Relations, and Visual Merchandising.
- Process and enter data for various business reports and marketing and ecommerce style descriptions.
- Review website and marketing materials to ensure accuracy.
- Manage the eCommerce category/subcategory sort.
- Communicate and follow-up with cross-functional partners as needed.
- Perform competitive research for assigned channels and retailers.